Has anyone heard from St. John's for Clinical Psych PhD? They said we were supposed to hear Monday, 3/11 but there has only been one post on the results page. 

Also wondering if anyone has any info. on CUNY City College waitlist? Has there been any movement? Is anyone planning to accept/decline? 

Thanks so much! Pretty sure everyone I know would be sick of hearing about grad school by now if it weren't for me having this forum as an outlet ?

1 hour ago, psychhealth101 said:

How are you guys dealing with not getting into your top choice or choices? It definitely sucks - especially when it's a program you really liked.

How am I dealing? Not well.

Lots of ice cream and hot baths.

14 hours ago, psychhealth101 said:

How are you guys dealing with not getting into your top choice or choices? It definitely sucks - especially when it's a program you really liked.

I anticipated that outcome anyway, so it hasn't been a particular shock. At this point I'm focusing on my internship, research with alma mater, and looking for research assistant jobs (here's hoping something will stick).

hate to say it, but my top choice probably wasn't the right pick for me anyway; i've got much better odds of succeeding in this other program that might be less prestigious or less ideal locationwise but matches my research interests and background better

Edited by paraent

25 minutes ago, paraent said:

hate to say it, but my top choice probably wasn't the right pick for me anyway; i've got much better odds of succeeding in this other program that might be less prestigious or less ideal locationwise but matches my research interests and background better

Yeah. Personally what was my top choice during application submissions/after receiving interview offers changed drastically after interviewing in person and meeting the department. Gut feeling was important for me.

23 hours ago, readyset123 said:

Has anyone heard from St. John's for Clinical Psych PhD? They said we were supposed to hear Monday, 3/11 but there has only been one post on the results page. 

Also wondering if anyone has any info. on CUNY City College waitlist? Has there been any movement? Is anyone planning to accept/decline? 

Thanks so much! Pretty sure everyone I know would be sick of hearing about grad school by now if it weren't for me having this forum as an outlet ?

Hey! Also waiting of SJ for general clinical. Haven't heard anything yet even though they said the 11th.