Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Starting to feel very frustrated and discouraged after reading multiple posts in the clinical results recently about not hearing anything until applicants have reached out to the POI and asked about their status. I’m so tempted to take that step myself. This whole process is so cruel and excruciating. Kudos to all that have done this for multiple cycles, I am barely hanging on in my first! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clinicalpsychhopeful said:

Starting to feel very frustrated and discouraged after reading multiple posts in the clinical results recently about not hearing anything until applicants have reached out to the POI and asked about their status. I’m so tempted to take that step myself. This whole process is so cruel and excruciating. Kudos to all that have done this for multiple cycles, I am barely hanging on in my first! 

I just caved and asked my Clark POI if they have any information about an anticipated time frame for hearing back about admissions results. I have a gut feeling I was waitlisted or rejected and that they are waiting to tell me until later on, but I need to know at this point so I can emotionally move on and gear up for either another cycle or a career switch out of research and academia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, presentfancies said:

I just caved and asked my Clark POI if they have any information about an anticipated time frame for hearing back about admissions results. I have a gut feeling I was waitlisted or rejected and that they are waiting to tell me until later on, but I need to know at this point so I can emotionally move on and gear up for either another cycle or a career switch out of research and academia

YES exactly! Please let me know what they say! At least we’re in this together lol 

Edited by clinicalpsychhopeful
Was gonna ask for POI but we already talked about that before interviews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposed to hear back from Northeastern yesterday.

Sent email to DCT after no news by 5pm.

Received email back saying they have been delayed and results may not be out until NEXT WEEK.

Just kill me now. The wait is unbearable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so stressed waiting to hear back from my interview at my top choice. I LOVED it and feel like it went really well, but also know there were multiple applicants from labs at the school. I keep playing everything out in my head and I don’t think I could refresh my email more frequently! 

How have you guys coped with the interim? What’s been helpful for you all? Or am I just doomed to full on anxiety until I hear back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

I am so stressed waiting to hear back from my interview at my top choice. I LOVED it and feel like it went really well, but also know there were multiple applicants from labs at the school. I keep playing everything out in my head and I don’t think I could refresh my email more frequently! 

How have you guys coped with the interim? What’s been helpful for you all? Or am I just doomed to full on anxiety until I hear back? 

I drove myself crazy for weeks, and I'm at the point now where I've convinced myself I'm waitlisted at best and just am acting as if I need to move on. If I do get an acceptance, it will feel like a wonderful surprise.

It's... kinda working, kinda not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yeahsouh said:

I drove myself crazy for weeks, and I'm at the point now where I've convinced myself I'm waitlisted at best and just am acting as if I need to move on. If I do get an acceptance, it will feel like a wonderful surprise.

It's... kinda working, kinda not? 

That’s kind of what I’m trying to prep for mentally. Like focusing on odds against me so I’m not completely crushed. But oh my gosh this is insane. If I wake up at night, I’m like TODAY COULD BE THE DAY 😱 

oof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yeahsouh said:

I drove myself crazy for weeks, and I'm at the point now where I've convinced myself I'm waitlisted at best and just am acting as if I need to move on. If I do get an acceptance, it will feel like a wonderful surprise.

It's... kinda working, kinda not? 

I’m not very religious but I just pray everyday that someone will inevitably go to another school and that I’ll be accepted off of the waitlist. But it’s still driving me crazy because I want it so bad and have done so much up to this point if that makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keyz said:

I’m not very religious but I just pray everyday that someone will inevitably go to another school and that I’ll be accepted off of the waitlist. But it’s still driving me crazy because I want it so bad and have done so much up to this point if that makes sense. 

My top two programs have faculty who work together sometimes and I'm certain have substantial overlap in their applicant pools, and I'm waitlisted at one and convinced I'm waitlisted at the other. I'm telling myself that maybe they're accepting all the same people over me, and these people can't all go to two schools, so... 

Edited by yeahsouh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yeahsouh said:

My top two programs have faculty who work together sometimes and I'm certain have substantial overlap in their applicant pools, and I'm waitlisted at one and convinced I'm waitlisted at the other. I'm telling myself that maybe they're accepting all the same people over me, and these people can't all go to two schools, so... 

Same though, there were repeat applicants at some of my interviews so I’m like “well maybe they’ll go to the other one or elsewhere and I’ll get in!” So I totally understand where you’re coming from. Did you at least get acknowledgement of where you are on the waitlist or did they just leave you in the wind like me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

That’s kind of what I’m trying to prep for mentally. Like focusing on odds against me so I’m not completely crushed. But oh my gosh this is insane. If I wake up at night, I’m like TODAY COULD BE THE DAY 😱 

oof.

Yeah I still get spikes of like... losing 30 minutes mindlessly refreshing this site and checking portals, etc, a couple times a week. But there are also blissful stretches of hours at a time where I forget I even applied for anything, which feels pretty good.  This is my theme song for this part of the process: 

 (

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Keyz said:

I’m not very religious but I just pray everyday that someone will inevitably go to another school and that I’ll be accepted off of the waitlist. But it’s still driving me crazy because I want it so bad and have done so much up to this point if that makes sense. 

I get this completely. Like because I truly feel like I have done all I can, and worked and tried as hard as possible, I will be that much more crushed if stuff doesn’t pan out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Keyz said:

Same though, there were repeat applicants at some of my interviews so I’m like “well maybe they’ll go to the other one or elsewhere and I’ll get in!” So I totally understand where you’re coming from. Did you at least get acknowledgement of where you are on the waitlist or did they just leave you in the wind like me?

For one program, it's "top pool", for the other it's crickets... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yeahsouh said:

Yeah I still get spikes of like... losing 30 minutes mindlessly refreshing this site and checking portals, etc, a couple times a week. But there are also blissful stretches of hours at a time where I forget I even applied for anything, which feels pretty good.  This is my theme song for this part of the process: 

 (

Ha that’s perfect. I hope you get some good news soon!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

I get this completely. Like because I truly feel like I have done all I can, and worked and tried as hard as possible, I will be that much more crushed if stuff doesn’t pan out. 

Exactly. It’s hard for me to not think “what didn’t I do right? Was I not good enough? Did I say something wrong?” I try my best not to get into that thought process but it’s hard when you did everything you could and were as genuine as possible. Plus the reality is you will never know because most programs will just say “large pool of highly qualified applicants/very competitive applicants this year!” I think the best part of these forums is that there are other people going through the exact same thing and can empathize and actually understand what the process is like. Hopefully everything works out for you and @yeahsouh though, I’ll be wishing you guys as much luck as I can!

Edited by Keyz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FreudEgg said:

Ha that’s perfect. I hope you get some good news soon!!!! 

Likewise! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keyz said:

Exactly. It’s hard for me to not think “what didn’t I do right? Was I not good enough? Did I say something wrong?” I try my best not to get into that thought process but it’s hard when you did everything you could and were as genuine as possible. Plus the reality is you will never know because most programs will just say “large pool of highly qualified applicants/very competitive applicants this year!” I think the best part of these forums is that there are other people going through the exact same thing and can empathize and actually understand what the process is like. Hopefully everything works out for you and @yeahsouh though, I’ll be wishing you guys as much luck as I can!

 

Just now, yeahsouh said:

Likewise! Thanks!

Oops, exceeded my reaction quota for the day!! But thanks to both of you. It is such a surreal experience. Also how bizarre are interviews? you’re put in a high stress environment with multiple people who are applying for the same spot... but you might like them and be like oh wow they have worked so hard too, but you’re also like PICK ME, but also trying to be so laid back and polite and low key FREAKING OUT (or is that just me 😅). The whole thing is just weird and exhausting on so many levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

 

Oops, exceeded my reaction quota for the day!! But thanks to both of you. It is such a surreal experience. Also how bizarre are interviews? you’re put in a high stress environment with multiple people who are applying for the same spot... but you might like them and be like oh wow they have worked so hard too, but you’re also like PICK ME, but also trying to be so laid back and polite and low key FREAKING OUT (or is that just me 😅). The whole thing is just weird and exhausting on so many levels. 

In line with interviews being bizzare, I hated the fact that multiple professors said they absolutely “loved me” and hoped that I would “attend” because I feel like it just gave me too much false hope when I ultimately was waitlisted with no other information. And then like you said you have to play nice with people WHO YOU ARE COMPETING WITH like lol great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, ASDadvocate said:

I can definitely sympathize with the paranoia of analyzing every detail of the thank you replies. I had a POI at a top choice say that he was "excited" to get back to me soon to inform me of their decision. You wouldn't be excited unless you were sharing a positive decision, right? 😫

For the sake of providing some follow up to this message; I got accepted to this school!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else getting really impatient waiting to hear back from schools?? It's all I can think I about and I keep checking my email every 3 seconds hoping that I'll receive any news, especially since I expected to hear back this week. It feels like schools are taking extra long to send anything out post-interviews!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, psychhealth101 said:

Is anyone else getting really impatient waiting to hear back from schools?? It's all I can think I about and I keep checking my email every 3 seconds hoping that I'll receive any news, especially since I expected to hear back this week. It feels like schools are taking extra long to send anything out post-interviews!

I feel this so hard. I literally jump every time my phone rings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dancedementia said:

I feel this so hard. I literally jump every time my phone rings.

lolol, you have 3 offers atm, does that help with the anxiety? or are you still waiting to hear from your top choice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.