Declining Offers/Withdrawing Applications Thread

hector549

31 minutes ago, VentralStream said:

@laxdog28 do you mind me asking what is your AOI?

Not at all! However, they are fairly broad. My main interests are in ethics (both theoretical and applied), metaphysics, philosophy of religion, and the history/philosophy of physics and science. If more details about my sub-interests would be helpful feel free to PM me!

Today, I declined Florida State and removed myself from the waitlists at UC Davis (where I was third on the waitlist); SLU (unranked); and Syracuse (where I was approximately 13th on a waitlist of 20). It was really hard to do this because these are all good programs, but it just wouldn't be fair to the other applicants. 

41 minutes ago, The_Last_Thylacine said:

Today, I declined Florida State and removed myself from the waitlists at UC Davis (where I was third on the waitlist); SLU (unranked); and Syracuse (where I was approximately 13th on a waitlist of 20). It was really hard to do this because these are all good programs, but it just wouldn't be fair to the other applicants. 

How did SLU let you know you were waitlisted? I haven't heard anything from them..

4 minutes ago, Anti-Climacus said:

How did SLU let you know you were waitlisted? I haven't heard anything from them..

I can't answer for how they notify waitlisters, but I know that a couple of us reached out to graduate admissions today and they basically said that if there are changes to our status, they'll let us know. I suppose the rest of us are in weird limbo or rejected.