Planning Admissions 2019

I'm losing my mind waiting here as well. I applied to 10 programs. Overkill, I know, but I feel like I settled undergrad and didn't want to make the same mistake.

I haven't recieved any decisions yet, though 2 of the schools have started to release them (UPenn and Berkeley). Not looking too good for me so far.

Edited by mikecrophone
omitted word

Any insight about CU Denver extending their deadline to February 1st?

Looks like in past years, decisions were sent out around 2/23. I'm hoping they don't get pushed back because of that.

Ah good luck to everyone! I got into Berkeley last week and am now waiting on MIT and Harvard. 

Based on last year's forums MIT( along with lots of other programs) should come out first week in March. 

Edited by Lauren 567

12 hours ago, bra_996 said:

Hello everyone! Heres' my list so far

1. University of Calgary (Got accepted on Feb 21)
  2. University of Toronto (Under Review)
  3. Dalhousie University (Under Review)
  4. Queens University (Under Review)
  5. University of Alberta (Under Review)

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on your acceptance! Did your status on your Queens app change to under review? Mine says application submitted

55 minutes ago, bra_996 said:

Thank you! I just checked my application and the status is the same as yours.

Hmm, my status for Queen's still says "Application Submitted", yet I got an email on February 15th indicating my application is under review. Did you get a similar email? 

17 hours ago, bra_996 said:

Hello everyone! Heres' my list so far

1. University of Calgary (Got accepted on Feb 21)
  2. University of Toronto (Under Review)
  3. Dalhousie University (Under Review)
  4. Queens University (Under Review)
  5. University of Alberta (Under Review)

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on Calgary! Is this list in the order of your preferences?

4 hours ago, artyperim said:

Hmm, my status for Queen's still says "Application Submitted", yet I got an email on February 15th indicating my application is under review. Did you get a similar email? 

Congrats on Calgary! Is this list in the order of your preferences?

Thanks! No i haven't received any email about my application being under-review.

The order is arranged according to the deadline of application. Calgary has an early deadline on Jan 15 and Queens has the deadline on March 1.

The rest are between Jan 31 and Feb 1.  

Edited by bra_996

Hi everyone!

I only applied to 2, McGill and Dalhousie. Considered Ryerson but I didn't want to go through their cover letter process after spending so much time on Dal and McGill. Both of my applications are Under Review still.

Good luck to all!

Lot of Canadians in this thread so far! I was only going to apply to Canadian schools and CU Denver/Portland State, and now I regret not applying to Canadian schools..haha. 

Hi! I applied to 4 programs

- Univeristy of Wisconsin (accepted 2/21)

- University of Minnesota (accepted 2/15)

- Columbia GSAPP (under review)

- NYU Wagner (under review)

Waiting is killing me!!

17 hours ago, lady_bird said:

Hi! I applied to 4 programs

- Univeristy of Wisconsin (accepted 2/21)

- University of Minnesota (accepted 2/15)

- Columbia GSAPP (under review)

- NYU Wagner (under review)

Waiting is killing me!!

Congrats on your first two acceptances! I haven't heard anything yet and the schools I'm waiting for are "behind schedule" compared to years' past, which is leaving me on edge. :(

On 2/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, MattDU said:

Congrats on your first two acceptances! I haven't heard anything yet and the schools I'm waiting for are "behind schedule" compared to years' past, which is leaving me on edge. :(

That's so stressful! I'm pullin' for ya

On 2/19/2019 at 3:51 PM, mikecrophone said:

I'm losing my mind waiting here as well. I applied to 10 programs. Overkill, I know, but I feel like I settled undergrad and didn't want to make the same mistake.

I haven't recieved any decisions yet, though 2 of the schools have started to release them (UPenn and Berkeley). Not looking too good for me so far.

Fingers crossed for you!  I am (im)patiently waiting on a response form Berkeley still. Feel like it's looking bleak.

5 hours ago, JOstner said:

Fingers crossed for you!  I am (im)patiently waiting on a response form Berkeley still. Feel like it's looking bleak.

Thank you for your kind words. Just an update. As of March 1, I have been accepted to Cornell, NYU, Michigan, UNC, Penn, and Virginia. I was rejected from Harvard. I still wait decisions from Columbia, MIT, and Berkeley.

I have seen that a lot of people recieved their Berkeley decisions up to a month ago, so I too am thinking that it's going to be a rejection. Don't give up hope!!

Hello! I applied to 7 programs (for future lurkers, 7 programs is A LOT -- try to whittle down the list a bit):

- MIT: Accepted -- waiting on mail for financial info (was called on Thursday of last week.. been 3 business days so far and nothing in my mailbox)

- UNC: Accepted - no funding

- UCLA: Under Review/Awaiting response

- Harvard: Rejected

- Georgia Tech: Accepted - awaiting financial information

- USC(Southern California): Accepted: Dean's Merit Full Tuition Scholarship

- Cornell: Accepted: TAship and 1/3rd tuition merit scholarship

With a full ride to USC, I don't know how much money I'd be willing to pay for anywhere else. Anyone know anything about the USC program in relation to the rest I listed above? 

I'm eagerly awaiting the MIT letter that has potential financial award information. Please, Mr. Postman... 

15 hours ago, extravaganzta said:

Hello! I applied to 7 programs (for future lurkers, 7 programs is A LOT -- try to whittle down the list a bit):

- MIT: Accepted -- waiting on mail for financial info (was called on Thursday of last week.. been 3 business days so far and nothing in my mailbox)

- UNC: Accepted - no funding

- UCLA: Under Review/Awaiting response

- Harvard: Rejected

- Georgia Tech: Accepted - awaiting financial information

- USC(Southern California): Accepted: Dean's Merit Full Tuition Scholarship

- Cornell: Accepted: TAship and 1/3rd tuition merit scholarship

With a full ride to USC, I don't know how much money I'd be willing to pay for anywhere else. Anyone know anything about the USC program in relation to the rest I listed above? 

I'm eagerly awaiting the MIT letter that has potential financial award information. Please, Mr. Postman... 

Can I ask what MIT concentration you applied to?

Hi! Applied to 2 programs this year. International student with architecture background and 3-4 years of professional experience in urban design field.

Harvard MUP: Rejected

MIT MCP - CDD: Waitlisted, will hear back shortly after April 15. Anyone has heard about the odds of admittance from DUSP's waitlist?

Deferred from last year: U Penn (paid the deposit to secure a seat)