For those of us who haven't heard yet...

foremaeq

If it’s been a month since the interview, would it be acceptable to email the grad department and ask about the decisions timeline? Current grad students told us interviewees to expect about a month’s wait between the interview and decisions being released but the anxiety is killing me lol

Is it only me that feels that this season majority of the decisions should have been coming out by now. Every program mentioned mid-february results, but hardly anything.

I am in a full-on stress mode with two rejections and no interviews. Nothing. Nada. not even a modicum of hope for acceptance.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, neko98 said:

If it’s been a month since the interview, would it be acceptable to email the grad department and ask about the decisions timeline? Current grad students told us interviewees to expect about a month’s wait between the interview and decisions being released but the anxiety is killing me lol

In your same boat! 

I'd do it if I were you. The only reason I'm not is because I was told end of Feb and there's technically 2 days left. Going CRAZY, but I've resolved to email Friday if I haven't heard yet 

I finally caved and made an account after lurking for forever because it does seem like decisions are coming out later than expected for all of the programs I've applied for. (And man, is it ever nerve-wracking.) At this point I know several people who have heard back from programs with both acceptances and rejections. One of my undergrad P.I.'s told me to hang tight, and that admissions tend to trickle out over the course of a month or so from the first "round" of decision notifications. Haven't heard back yet? It's not a rejection, so that's something to be optimistic about - right? 

18 hours ago, ticktick said:

When I applied, I prepared myself to not hear until March. I have heard back from two programs earlier than expected, and it has made me more anxious to hear from the rest! 

+1! 

I was totally happy with waiting until March until I heard from 2 places in early February! 

I am super ANXIOUS. I applied to one grad school in Canada and I was told acceptance letters would start being sent out early March, yet I can’t stop checking my application status in hopes I will see an admitted status update????? I am also nervous because I am trying to move to Canada for a better quality of life and this is my best shot of getting my foot in the door. I am from the USA. 

Edited by GoddessofMoons

I got one acceptance from the grad program at school A (my safety school) in early February, but haven’t heard from my department yet. School B, my first choice, I have spoken with my potential committee several times over the month and everything seems like it’s going well and the last I heard last week they were moving ahead with my application for final approval from the grad committee so I’ve basically been having a panic attack since last Sunday until I know for sure. Everyone on my committee is perfect. The school is perfect. I want this approval. ?

On 2/20/2019 at 11:59 AM, foremaeq said:

Is anyone else getting more anxious every day? I only applied to one school and they said they were "hoping to have most, if not all, decisions out by mid February". Share your anxieties!

I did the one-school thing 2 years ago. When you consider the number of applications each of the good schools receives every year, that approach really doesn't make much sense. 

12 hours ago, 3tc said:

I did the one-school thing 2 years ago. When you consider the number of applications each of the good schools receives every year, that approach really doesn't make much sense. 

Yeah, I did the one school thing this year, since I'm currently working full-time. I'm so, so anxious. 

Just to vent: Haven't heard a peep from my top choice school, but I know they've been sending out acceptances. It feels like it's getting a bit late to expect a positive response so every day I lost a bit more hope. Being waitlisted today from a different school I really liked doesn't help my anxiety! 

5 hours ago, nyccat said:

I'm still waiting on NYU English PhD - but it seems that since they've already sent out acceptances - according to the results page - that I must be rejected. Or could I possibly be wrong?

There’s a chance you’ve been waitlisted, if first round offers went out and you haven’t heard anything. Sometimes silence means they don’t want to reject you so you can be an alternate if some people turn down offers. You never know! Good luck!

On 2/26/2019 at 3:38 PM, gahhhh said:

In your same boat! 

I'd do it if I were you. The only reason I'm not is because I was told end of Feb and there's technically 2 days left. Going CRAZY, but I've resolved to email Friday if I haven't heard yet 

I caved and sent an email last night. Heard back today - apparently they weren’t able to come to a consensus on who to accept and need another week or so to make the final decisions.  

I don’t know if this made my anxiety better or worse lol

1 hour ago, neko98 said:

I caved and sent an email last night. Heard back today - apparently they weren’t able to come to a consensus on who to accept and need another week or so to make the final decisions.  

I don’t know if this made my anxiety better or worse lol

Hey that's awesome! It means you're at least as competitive as everyone else. I'm sure that doesn't affect your level of anxiety much, though. 

I'm gonna scream 

My top choice said they would try to let us know by Feb 21.

This week I sent out a total 4 emails to 3 different addresses and I have not heard anything. 0_0

Bad timing but i just bought a car and i need to know what state to register it in.....