Fall 2019 Psychology - Where are you going?!

dancedementia

2 minutes ago, spookycat said:

Accepted my offer at Oklahoma State University! Completely over the moon, this program was everything I didn't know I was looking for and is just such a good fit for me! 

Congratulations! I interviewed there but didn’t end up getting accepted; it definitely seemed like a really great program though and if I’d been accepted it would’ve ended up being an unexpected top choice for me too! Who are you going to work with there?

2 minutes ago, flamingo said:

Accepted an offer at the University of Kansas (adult track)!!!   This program is the perfect fit for me, and I am so excited to get started this fall! :)

Ahhh, that program is AMAZING. Lots of research productivity and I've heard great things about the faculty there. I ultimately decided not to apply because I knew I wouldn't be competitive, but I'm so happy for you. 

4 hours ago, SoldierOn said:

Congratulations! I interviewed there but didn’t end up getting accepted; it definitely seemed like a really great program though and if I’d been accepted it would’ve ended up being an unexpected top choice for me too! Who are you going to work with there?

I applied to work with Dr. Leffingwell! I honestly didn't really know much about the program going into that interview, but I left completely in love. I found myself comparing every other program to them and thinking about that program while I was in other interviews, lol.

Good luck to you! The marathon is almost over (thank god)!

Formally accepted my offer for the University of Houston today! 

This was my 3rd round and I'm 3 years post masters, so this is a great feeling. I am celebrating by cuddling with my dogs and planning my honeymoon (why I thought it was a good idea to get married during grad school application/interview season, I have no freaking idea)

12 hours ago, McMurphy said:

Formally accepted my offer for the University of Houston today! 

This was my 3rd round and I'm 3 years post masters, so this is a great feeling. I am celebrating by cuddling with my dogs and planning my honeymoon (why I thought it was a good idea to get married during grad school application/interview season, I have no freaking idea)

I'm in the exact same boat. I was like "you know what, moving and starting a graduate program isn't enough, let's add a wedding to this mix!" 

5 hours ago, spookycat said:

I'm in the exact same boat. I was like "you know what, moving and starting a graduate program isn't enough, let's add a wedding to this mix!" 

Absolutely my thinking as well, haha. As soon as I received my first acceptance my brain was like, "WHAT DO I STRESS ABOUT NOW?!" and I felt compelled to launch myself into wedding planning. Going the elopement route so it's not nearly as intense, but still think I should consider just relaxing for a bit!

I'm from New York and went upstate for my undergrad and I applied to four graduate programs back home in NYC for my masters in school counseling. 

Teachers College, Columbia University (EdM)

New York University Steinhardt (MA)

Fordham University Graduate School of Education (MSE)

Hunter College School of Education (MSEd)

I recently got accepted to Fordham's school counseling program for this upcoming fall, which is going to be right after I graduate from my undergrad this Spring, which is exciting! :D I'm still waiting to hear back from the other three schools and then I'll come to a decision once I get all of them. :)