WWS Fall 2019

hope_springs

I searched for a Princeton WWS Fall 2019 thread and couldn't find one. Anyone else feeling like time is moving at an unbearable crawl towards March 15th? 

I didn't realize how disruptive not hearing back from them would be. I have other major offers that are on hold. I feel like if I don't get in I will deal with it. I just want to know! 

Also a fall 2019 applicant, and counting down the days until March 15th. Anyone else curious about whether the WWS admissions committees have already settled on a near final cohort? They obviously keep the internal process/timeline close hold. Interesting to think how far along they are in the reading process, but definitely not helping with the waiting patiently part. Best of luck to all.

12 hours ago, Traveler5367 said:

Also a fall 2019 applicant, and counting down the days until March 15th. Anyone else curious about whether the WWS admissions committees have already settled on a near final cohort? They obviously keep the internal process/timeline close hold. Interesting to think how far along they are in the reading process, but definitely not helping with the waiting patiently part. Best of luck to all.

I would think that they would have to be near settled. December 1st 2018 is a very long time ago. I know they decide on PhD students first, but if past years are anything to go by, they would have only two full business weeks left to solidify the cohort (I have seen that people sometimes receive notifications as early as March 10th). 

Somedays I find myself feeling convinced that I will get in and other days, convinced that there isn't a snowball's chance in hell. 

Good luck to both of you as well. 

33 minutes ago, twenty-seven said:

Does anyone know the date when they release notifications historically? I know they say by March 15, but when do they usually  do it?

From what I can tell from poking around, seems like it's usually either on the day, or within a day or two. Don't think they'll release anything all that much earlier

It varies. In past years, the site has said "around the 15th" but decisions were out earlier. Not sure about this year though! 

I saw someone mention this SIPA blog post on the anxiety of waiting. I really liked the post. http://admissionsblog.sipa.columbia.edu/2019/03/09/the-waiting-game-2/

11 hours ago, VoidFish said:

Can confirm! I also got into the PhD program on the 8th via email.

Did anyone else apply/get in?

Congratulations!! How exciting!! They accept so few PhD students so I'm sure that was no easy feat. Was this your first choice?

I'm waiting to hear back about the MPP...