Teachers College, Columbia. SLP admissions decisions??

4 minutes ago, SLP1917 said:

Has anyone else not heard back yet?? Getting nervous.. Congrats to everyone who got in!

I haven’t heard back yet either. I called the other day and she looked at my application and said it was still under review, that they send decisions in waves. She said I would hear back mid/late March but I would assume it would be any day now?? I check every 5 mins it’s unhealthy 

A quick question for those who have been accepted without funding; what steps will you be taking to pay off tuition? I was accepted into the bilingual-based Masters but it is super pricy.

The only option for me from what it seems is to apply to the DoE's funding program. However I had wanted to extend my experiences and work wirh adult populations/within medical settings. That said, the DoE funding program requires applications to commit to 2 years of service per year of funding which is largely deterrent given my circumstance.

Edited by Aspire_to_Be

4 hours ago, Aspire_to_Be said:

A quick question for those who have been accepted without funding; what steps will you be taking to pay off tuition? I was accepted into the bilingual-based Masters but it is super pricy.

The only option for me from what it seems is to apply to the DoE's funding program. However I had wanted to extend my experiences and work wirh adult populations/within medical settings. That said, the DoE funding program requires applications to commit to 2 years of service per year of funding which is largely deterrent given my circumstance.

I’m literally in the exact same boat as you (minus the bilingual program). DoE is great but not for what I want to do, which totally sucks. But may be worth doing it to be debt free ? I wish there were other options 

Hello beautiful people! 

I've been put on the waitlist! I'm sitting in the midst of two emotions. Both excited at the opportunity of a lifetime---and also a bit disappointed that they didn't want to grab me right away. lol kidding... no but really putting your heart and soul into the application process is draining. NO ONE EVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS WAITIN PART THO!

Not going to lie...I've been rather hopeful about this school... but my decision is also based entirely on funding (first gen, lowest of low income --for now hah)

For everyone accepted Congratulations!!!!!! 

Edited by SLPestudiante

Anyone willing to chat about TC in general? I’m having a difficult time choosing between some schools and would like any input to help me in the decision making process. ?

1 hour ago, BioCook said:

Anyone willing to chat about TC in general? I’m having a difficult time choosing between some schools and would like any input to help me in the decision making process. ?

Me! Message me :) 

My excitement about TC was really put off... I received a $12,500 scholarship but even then I think it'll cost about $70k a year with tuition and room and board (including summer 2020). Which is so much money and the scholarship looks measly in comparison. I don't really think that going $140k in debt for only two years of studying is really worth it. It seems like it's either that or commit to spend the next six years of my life in NYC in public schools through the Dept of Education funding program... it's such a shame. 

Makes me sad that it's so expensive.... they'll end up with a much smaller representation of low and middle income students. Further perpetuating the ivy league exclusivity...