Erasmus Mundus Applications 2019

DerÜbermensch

On 3/28/2019 at 3:16 PM, lumosmaxima12 said:

Did you apply to the EUROSUD program as a scholarship student or as a self funded student? I am waiting for the EPS and EUROSUD results as well. Good Luck!

I applied to all of them as a scholarship student.

Oh gosh.... It is already April 3rd and no answer from any of the programs I applied for. Have any of you heard anything?

Has anyone heard from EPS today? It is almost 6pm in Glasgow and in my acceptance e-mail they said they would have sent scholarship award e-mails by today. However, the website says that would be done by April 5. 

I applied to 3 scholarships(IMCEERES,IMSISS and EUROSUD). Got rejected by one ,reserve-listed by another. I am nervously waiting for EUROSUD because I am programme country candidate. By the way,which country are you applying from guys? 

4 hours ago, intel said:

I applied to 3 scholarships(IMCEERES,IMSISS and EUROSUD). Got rejected by one ,reserve-listed by another. I am nervously waiting for EUROSUD because I am programme country candidate. By the way,which country are you applying from guys? 

Sorry to hear. Hoping for success in Eurosud. 

I am applying from Jamaica

13 hours ago, intel said:

I am applying from Indonesia. I am curious why were you rejected by one of programs you applied for?

I think no one applying IMETe, MER+ and WACOMA are equally worried as me because I have been digging into internet and nobody applying for those programs hanging around the forum asking about when the results come out just like me right now. Lol.

I applied to the tourDC and after the result day on 15 March. I wrote a mail to the Glasgow admission and they said " Due to an extremely high volume of applications for this course, we can confirm that we are currently still processing your application and will therefore we're not able to give you a response by the 15th of March Please be assured that once a decision is made on your application, we will send an email to you with this information. You should receive a decision on this course in the next month."

Does anyone get an email about scholarship decision onTourDC?

Hello Guys,

i am new for this thread and have been looking for it and am glad u guys created it.

Here is my situation 

i applied to EMJMD_PHID and got selected n proposed for the scholarship.

During my second interview from one of the consortium university the professor asked me whether am able to come on September to join the university.

And i am confused , it looks the Prof is sure that i will be awarded the scholarship. is it a formality to make official approval from European commission or we are evaluated rigorously?

anyone in the same boat?

1 hour ago, bezam19 said:

Hello Guys,

i am new for this thread and have been looking for it and am glad u guys created it.

Here is my situation 

i applied to EMJMD_PHID and got selected n proposed for the scholarship.

During my second interview from one of the consortium university the professor asked me whether am able to come on September to join the university.

And i am confused , it looks the Prof is sure that i will be awarded the scholarship. is it a formality to make official approval from European commission or we are evaluated rigorously?

anyone in the same boat?

I'll suggest that you patiently await the consortium's confirmation email as to whether you have been awarded the scholarship. It may not be best to make assumptions from your interview (talking from experience, I also had a good interview on one of the programmes but was eventually waitlisted).

On 4/5/2019 at 11:00 AM, DerÜbermensch said:

EPS decisions are already on the portal even though they said that they would be sent on the 8th of April. I just checked.

Hey there! I also applied to EPS and am anxiously waiting it out (like many people here, I presume :) ). When I go on the Charles University website, it still says that my status is "registered by the international admissions office". I just wanted to check if we're still talking about the same portal! Worst comes to worst, I'll just wait out another two days

I got in 2 programs, one with no funding and the other in the reserve list for scholarship. I was informed that if I want to get in as self-funding, I'm essentially already in. I've already dropped the program with no funding (I like the second one better, with or without scholarship) but I'm considering if I should just apply for loans or "alternative sources of funding."

I'd just like to know if anyone has an idea on when is the latest they will inform you about the reserve list? For example, could I still have a chance in suddenly earning a spot as late as July? Or if I should let go of this after May? I am ranked 8th on the reserve list for scholarship, but I'm unsure if this is just for partner countries or overall.

I'm hesitant to try again next year mainly because my current line of work is not related to the industry and I'm not gaining relevant experience :(

4 hours ago, waitingforwhat said:

I got in 2 programs, one with no funding and the other in the reserve list for scholarship. I was informed that if I want to get in as self-funding, I'm essentially already in. I've already dropped the program with no funding (I like the second one better, with or without scholarship) but I'm considering if I should just apply for loans or "alternative sources of funding."

I'd just like to know if anyone has an idea on when is the latest they will inform you about the reserve list? For example, could I still have a chance in suddenly earning a spot as late as July? Or if I should let go of this after May? I am ranked 8th on the reserve list for scholarship, but I'm unsure if this is just for partner countries or overall.

I'm hesitant to try again next year mainly because my current line of work is not related to the industry and I'm not gaining relevant experience :(

heyyy.

i m sorry to say that i rly dont think you ll get it from being 8th on the res list. i m #1 on a reserve list, and i rly dont think i stand a chance. (who will pass on the opportunity of studying for free?)

:(

and the lists are separate. so you d need 8 ppl from the partner country list to pass, which is so highly unlikely. 

4 hours ago, waitingforwhat said:

Edited by etetet

3 hours ago, etetet said:

heyyy.

i m sorry to say that i rly dont think you ll get it from being 8th on the res list. i m #1 on a reserve list, and i rly dont think i stand a chance. (who will pass on the opportunity of studying for free?)

:(

and the lists are separate. so you d need 8 ppl from the partner country list to pass, which is so highly unlikely. 

I'd hold onto that hope if you're ranked first in the list. There's a lot of people who applied in more than one program so there's a high chance of someone dropping out. The only thing you're really up against is if the slots are already full for your country (max of 3).

Anyway, yeah, I'm not really hoping for anything since I'm 8th on the list, just really considering if I should go for self-funding or not...

2 hours ago, waitingforwhat said:

I'd hold onto that hope if you're ranked first in the list. There's a lot of people who applied in more than one program so there's a high chance of someone dropping out. The only thing you're really up against is if the slots are already full for your country (max of 3).

Anyway, yeah, I'm not really hoping for anything since I'm 8th on the list, just really considering if I should go for self-funding or not...

thanks for saying that, but i m not really hopeful. i am from a programme country, and i applied to 2. the first one gives only 1 award to my region. the 2nd gives 5 (the one where i m #6).  but there s almost definitely nobody from my country in the program. so i m thinking about another 1-year masters in the netherlands and reapply for the scheme again next year.

what program are you wanting to pursue? i think the program, your financial ability to self-finance and how urgent it is for you to start next year can be your criteria for how to decide. 

Edited by etetet

40 minutes ago, etetet said:

thanks for saying that, but i m not really hopeful. i am from a programme country, and i applied to 2. the first one gives only 1 award to my region. the 2nd gives 5 (the one where i m #6).  but there s almost definitely nobody from my country in the program. so i m thinking about another 1-year masters in the netherlands and reapply for the scheme again next year.

what program are you wanting to pursue? i think the program, your financial ability to self-finance and how urgent it is for you to start next year can be your criteria for how to decide. 

oh yeah, being in a programme country definitely makes it more competitive since you're given less slots for scholarship. there's always next year, just buff up your application this year.

I applied for the CDE and GeoTech program and I can only get in via self-funding. This is the CDE program's first year, while the GeoTech is a bit more established. Also, the GeoTech program is only 3 semesters, so it will be a bit cheaper, but I would still need to take out loans to afford the last year. A lot of things to think through...

34 minutes ago, waitingforwhat said:

oh yeah, being in a programme country definitely makes it more competitive since you're given less slots for scholarship. there's always next year, just buff up your application this year.

I applied for the CDE and GeoTech program and I can only get in via self-funding. This is the CDE program's first year, while the GeoTech is a bit more established. Also, the GeoTech program is only 3 semesters, so it will be a bit cheaper, but I would still need to take out loans to afford the last year. A lot of things to think through...

honestly, i think i ll appeal. though there seems to be no hope to get anywhere through that. i m pretty pissed, tbh. generally the application experience has been fairly abominable for me. and i really regret not applying to 3 programs now. (i felt quite confident that i would get into GLOCAL)