11 hours ago, samiamslp said:

Does anyone know what a typical schedule would look like, in terms of how many hours are spent in classes and in clinic at GWU? I'm trying to see how it compares to the other program I am deciding between and would be grateful for any info you all have!

I was told that your first 3 semesters you have about 2-3 clients (so you're able to rotate through the nine different tracks) and then your last two semesters you're placed in two externships (one in fall, one in spring) and might have one or two classes and one client in the clinic (This is what a current student told me), she also told me that you might go out into schools to do screenings which is really fun. She said that the workload is really doable with the number of clients you have and said that she has really enjoyed her clinical education. I think you might do clinic Tuesday/Thursday but im not sure that depends on your class schedule, etc. It seems that you have a good balance but i guess that depends on the person. the students i talked to said that they never feel stressed out about the workload that they have!

8 hours ago, slp2beLA said:

I was told that your first 3 semesters you have about 2-3 clients (so you're able to rotate through the nine different tracks) and then your last two semesters you're placed in two externships (one in fall, one in spring) and might have one or two classes and one client in the clinic (This is what a current student told me), she also told me that you might go out into schools to do screenings which is really fun. She said that the workload is really doable with the number of clients you have and said that she has really enjoyed her clinical education. I think you might do clinic Tuesday/Thursday but im not sure that depends on your class schedule, etc. It seems that you have a good balance but i guess that depends on the person. the students i talked to said that they never feel stressed out about the workload that they have!

Thats super nice to hear!! Grad students at where I go to my undergrad always say they feel overwhelmed! Have you committed? I'm still struggling with my decision haha

• 1 month later...