Sign in to follow this  
SLP_2019

results search error?

I have tried several times to search for "university of the pacific" on the results page and it always says there are no results, but if I search just "pacific" then results from UoP show up. I want to search the full name of the university otherwise I get results from Pacific University as well and its annoying to have to sift through to see which results are from the school I'm actually trying to look at. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I'm having the same problem searching for results from UPenn! If I type in "university of pennsylvania [program name]" nothing comes up, but if I search "pennsylvania [program name]" the results come up (from five other unis too...). Is it some kind of bug? Idk. If you're doing something wrong, I must be doing it too!

On 3/4/2019 at 7:53 PM, SLP_2019 said:

I have tried several times to search for "university of the pacific" on the results page and it always says there are no results, but if I search just "pacific" then results from UoP show up. I want to search the full name of the university otherwise I get results from Pacific University as well and its annoying to have to sift through to see which results are from the school I'm actually trying to look at. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

On 3/4/2019 at 8:55 PM, accidental_philologist said:

I'm having the same problem searching for results from UPenn! If I type in "university of pennsylvania [program name]" nothing comes up, but if I search "pennsylvania [program name]" the results come up (from five other unis too...). Is it some kind of bug? Idk. If you're doing something wrong, I must be doing it too!

Unless GradCafe changed their search algorithm, I don't think you are doing something wrong. I have noticed that the search hasn't been working like it used to. I also used to be able to search the university plus the program together, but now I get an error when I do that.

Sometimes the error is because you are being too specific.  I recommend searching: Pacific*.  That asterisk will search for everything that contains that word.  For example, if I want to find University of the Pacific's Physics program, I would type: Pacific* Physics*