Applications 2019

Sigaba

3 hours ago, villageelliot said:

Just got a phone call from a NY area code. I thought, could this be Columbia? NYU?

Nope. The Police Officers Support Association.

Thanks for giving me a heart attack.

Yep, got a call today from a number that was allegedly Madison, Wisconsin (I'm skeptical since the guy had a really heavy accent and I could hear similar accents in the background in whatever phone bank he was calling from but whatever) and ended up being a telemarketer.  I'm not normally rude to them but today I was; not my proudest moment but I was really disappointed.  =(

10 minutes ago, historygeek said:

Oh man, I was so hopeful about this Harvard thing. ? That is cruel! 

Did we just get punked by Harvard?

I also see it on my portal. Given that there are five of us seeing it, I guess it is not good news in any case. Statistically. And it's really sad and cruel. 

4 minutes ago, Dark Paladin said:

I WAS JUST ACCEPTED AT YALE!!!! 

Crying with happiness. 

I'LL BE SEEING YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY TOP CHOICE AND MY FIRST DECISION. I AM SO HAPPY! My fellow student at my current Masters also got the e-mail when you did, and mine took 5 extra minutes to come in and I had thought I had been rejected and was absolutely devastated. I don't think I'd even consider anywhere else after this. WOW!

6 minutes ago, daradara said:

I'LL BE SEEING YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY TOP CHOICE AND MY FIRST DECISION. I AM SO HAPPY! My fellow student at my current Masters also got the e-mail when you did, and mine took 5 extra minutes to come in and I had thought I had been rejected and was absolutely devastated. I don't think I'd even consider anywhere else after this. WOW!

Congrats to you two. Were you invited to interview earlier? 

Just now, awemorethansome said:

Congrats to you two. Were you invited to interview earlier? 

Thank you! I cannot answer for Dark Paladin, but I interviewed and I know that potsupotsu interviewed as well. 

3 hours ago, urbanhistorynerd said:

Apperently they sent out 19 acceptances, but I'm unsure how many waitlisted people there are. From another person who applied, they told me 34 people made it to the top 10%. But I'm assuming they are going to send waitlisted notification soon. So, you never know.

Ack. My portal says my status is "submitted." No contact from anyone there. Maybe that means waitlist or second choice?  ? TBH I would rather hear definitely one way or the other. 

Just now, gorgogliante said:

Ack. My portal says my status is "submitted." No contact from anyone there. Maybe that means waitlist or second choice?  ? TBH I would rather hear definitely one way or the other. 

Do you also have the "Terms and conditions of acceptance" when you click into your application dashboard?

2 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Congrats Yale admits! Your excitement is infectious. :)

Any other Yale HOS applicants lurking around here who are also hoping this means we'll hear soon?

Many congrats to the Yale folks! Yes, I also applied to Yale HSHM, so I'm with you @HardyBoy on hoping this means a result soon. 

13 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Congrats Yale admits! Your excitement is infectious. :)

Any other Yale HOS applicants lurking around here who are also hoping this means we'll hear soon?

8 minutes ago, historygeek said:

Congrats Yale admits! 

I feel like I'm watching all of my friends get acceptances! I'm so proud of you all. 

Agreed, it's so nice to see so much joy on here today!! :)

1 minute ago, thisisnew said:

Did anyone else's harvard terms and conditions of acceptance link disappear (tragically)? 

1 minute ago, historygeek said:

Mine is still there. 

Mine is still there as well (perhaps also tragically!).