Applications 2019

Sigaba

1 minute ago, historygeek said:

It does. I'm a W. I'm wondering if that's why it took so long for the Error 503 link to disappear from my Harvard portal?

Ha, I'm a W too. 

Although with Hopkins my rejection came only about 10 minutes after everyone else. This seems to be taking a while longer...

2 minutes ago, historygeek said:

Same. ? Someone pointed out that it could've been an acceptance for the Art History program. My POI said she couldn't really say when decisions would be going out. 

I'm happy to go with that! It would make (marginally) more sense than assuming that everyone on here has been rejected.

2 minutes ago, historykeeno said:

I'm happy to go with that! It would make (marginally) more sense than assuming that everyone on here has been rejected.

I hope it's not the case that everyone has been rejected! I was pretty confident about my fit there, so I'm trying to hold out. ?

Even if I don't get in, I hope at least someone on this forum can!

Edited by historygeek

Just now, historygeek said:

I hope it's not the case that everyone has been rejected! I was pretty confident about my fit there, so I'm trying to hold out. ?

It truly would be shocking if not a single person on here who applied got in. It's also odd that the one acceptance that was posted never posted anything about it in this thread, which is also what leads me to believe it was a mis-labeled art history admit. That and the timing of that post was right around when they got acceptances. 

3 minutes ago, historygeek said:

Even if I don't get in, I hope at least someone on this forum can!

Yep. Keeping everything crossed for the time being! 

27 minutes ago, TsarandProphet said:

Yale admittees - were you also approached by current graduate students after receiving the email? It's so nice of them!

I was - It was such a nice touch!

Are any of you Yale admittees planning on going to the visit day on the 3rd and 4th?

1 minute ago, potsupotsu said:

Are any of you Yale admittees planning on going to the visit day on the 3rd and 4th?

I hope to, but I don't have a visa! I've sent an urgent mail to the embassy here to see if I can still make it.

14 minutes ago, thisisnew said:

Any idea if all duke admits have been sent? I've seen multiple acceptance but no rejections in the results a few weeks ago; I have yet to receive a (presumed) rejection...

I'm fairly certain that they have, yes, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I have no idea how their waitlist works though, so there may still be a chance that you'll be offered a spot on there!

1 minute ago, potsupotsu said:

I will definitely be there!

Just now, TsarandProphet said:

I hope to, but I don't have a visa! I've sent an urgent mail to the embassy here to see if I can still make it.

Best of luck! I am not sure about Israel, but I know in the United States one definitely could get one in time. 

5 minutes ago, potsupotsu said:

I didn't get anything from current Yale graduate students ?

I'll definitely see you guys on the 3rd and 4th. 

Kind of an odd question, but are we supposed to respond to the offer email in any way? I'm scared they are going to take it away LOL. 

42 minutes ago, TsarandProphet said:

Yale admittees - were you also approached by current graduate students after receiving the email? It's so nice of them!

Yes, I did. I assume that we got them from the students currently there studying in our sub-field. At least, that was what happened in my case. I have also gotten multiple e-mails from professors, but I have yet to reply to any of them because I am still in a bit of a state of disbelief. I am waiting until I feel I can be more coherent!

2 hours ago, Dark Paladin said:

I WAS JUST ACCEPTED AT YALE!!!! 

Crying with happiness. 

So happy for you!

To those applying to Columbia, just got an email to check the portal, then a generic "sorry, we had a big class and you were a good applicant but blah blah blah" email from the dean.  Some people reported getting personalized rejection emails from POIs but that may have just been for the ones who just missed the cut, I'm guessing.  Gratz to all those who have gotten acceptances to this point!

2 minutes ago, fortsibut said:

To those applying to Columbia, just got an email to check the portal, then a generic "sorry, we had a big class and you were a good applicant but blah blah blah" email from the dean.  Some people reported getting personalized rejection emails from POIs but that may have just been for the ones who just missed the cut, I'm guessing.  Gratz to all those who have gotten acceptances to this point!

Oof. This is brutal. 

Just now, fortsibut said:

What is up with schools and their notification process? I never got an email from Hopkins when I was rejected (a week ago, still never got the email), I just checked the portal and saw. 

I'm thinking the same thing will happen with Columbia but still nothing on my end from them.

1 minute ago, villageelliot said:

What is up with schools and their notification process? I never got an email from Hopkins when I was rejected (a week ago, still never got the email), I just checked the portal and saw. 

I'm thinking the same thing will happen with Columbia but still nothing on my end from them.

It really makes it a brutal process. At this point, I am imagining that I have been rejected from Harvard History and Chicago History and yet I really have no clue. It would be much better to just receive a rejection letter. The waiting for the last month has really made me inefficient, and sadly they choose to continue to drag it out. Thankfully, I got my first decision today, and it was my top choice so I do not care as much about any of the other decisions, but up until this point it has been miserable! I can completely sympathize, as it grows tiresome fairly quickly and I only hope it is over for everyone soon.