Jump to content
Sigaba

Applications 2019

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, historygeek said:

It does. I'm a W. I'm wondering if that's why it took so long for the Error 503 link to disappear from my Harvard portal?

Ha, I'm a W too. 

Although with Hopkins my rejection came only about 10 minutes after everyone else. This seems to be taking a while longer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, historygeek said:

Same. ? Someone pointed out that it could've been an acceptance for the Art History program. My POI said she couldn't really say when decisions would be going out. 

I'm happy to go with that! It would make (marginally) more sense than assuming that everyone on here has been rejected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, historykeeno said:

I'm happy to go with that! It would make (marginally) more sense than assuming that everyone on here has been rejected.

I hope it's not the case that everyone has been rejected! I was pretty confident about my fit there, so I'm trying to hold out. ?

Even if I don't get in, I hope at least someone on this forum can!

 

Edited by historygeek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, historygeek said:

I hope it's not the case that everyone has been rejected! I was pretty confident about my fit there, so I'm trying to hold out. ?

 

It truly would be shocking if not a single person on here who applied got in. It's also odd that the one acceptance that was posted never posted anything about it in this thread, which is also what leads me to believe it was a mis-labeled art history admit. That and the timing of that post was right around when they got acceptances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, historygeek said:

I hope it's not the case that everyone has been rejected! I was pretty confident about my fit there, so I'm trying to hold out. ?

Even if I don't get in, I hope at least someone on this forum can!

 

Yep. Keeping everything crossed for the time being! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TsarandProphet said:

Yale admittees - were you also approached by current graduate students after receiving the email? It's so nice of them!

I was - It was such a nice touch!

Are any of you Yale admittees planning on going to the visit day on the 3rd and 4th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, potsupotsu said:

I was - It was such a nice touch!

Are any of you Yale admittees planning on going to the visit day on the 3rd and 4th?

I hope to, but I don't have a visa! I've sent an urgent mail to the embassy here to see if I can still make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thisisnew said:

Any idea if all duke admits have been sent? I've seen multiple acceptance but no rejections in the results a few weeks ago; I have yet to receive a (presumed) rejection...

I'm fairly certain that they have, yes, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I have no idea how their waitlist works though, so there may still be a chance that you'll be offered a spot on there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, potsupotsu said:

I was - It was such a nice touch!

Are any of you Yale admittees planning on going to the visit day on the 3rd and 4th?

I will definitely be there!

Just now, TsarandProphet said:

I hope to, but I don't have a visa! I've sent an urgent mail to the embassy here to see if I can still make it.

Best of luck! I am not sure about Israel, but I know in the United States one definitely could get one in time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, potsupotsu said:

I was - It was such a nice touch!

Are any of you Yale admittees planning on going to the visit day on the 3rd and 4th?

I didn't get anything from current Yale graduate students ?

I'll definitely see you guys on the 3rd and 4th. 

Kind of an odd question, but are we supposed to respond to the offer email in any way? I'm scared they are going to take it away LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, historygeek said:

Yes! so now I'm refreshing their applicant portal and Columbia's. 

I cannot express enough how much I hate this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TsarandProphet said:

Yale admittees - were you also approached by current graduate students after receiving the email? It's so nice of them!

Yes, I did. I assume that we got them from the students currently there studying in our sub-field. At least, that was what happened in my case. I have also gotten multiple e-mails from professors, but I have yet to reply to any of them because I am still in a bit of a state of disbelief. I am waiting until I feel I can be more coherent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dark Paladin said:

I WAS JUST ACCEPTED AT YALE!!!! 

Crying with happiness. 

So happy for you!

To those applying to Columbia, just got an email to check the portal, then a generic "sorry, we had a big class and you were a good applicant but blah blah blah" email from the dean.  Some people reported getting personalized rejection emails from POIs but that may have just been for the ones who just missed the cut, I'm guessing.  Gratz to all those who have gotten acceptances to this point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fortsibut said:

To those applying to Columbia, just got an email to check the portal, then a generic "sorry, we had a big class and you were a good applicant but blah blah blah" email from the dean.  Some people reported getting personalized rejection emails from POIs but that may have just been for the ones who just missed the cut, I'm guessing.  Gratz to all those who have gotten acceptances to this point!

Oof. This is brutal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fortsibut said:

To those applying to Columbia, just got an email to check the portal, then a generic "sorry, we had a big class and you were a good applicant but blah blah blah" email from the dean.  Some people reported getting personalized rejection emails from POIs but that may have just been for the ones who just missed the cut, I'm guessing.  Gratz to all those who have gotten acceptances to this point!

What is up with schools and their notification process? I never got an email from Hopkins when I was rejected (a week ago, still never got the email), I just checked the portal and saw. 

I'm thinking the same thing will happen with Columbia but still nothing on my end from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, villageelliot said:

What is up with schools and their notification process? I never got an email from Hopkins when I was rejected (a week ago, still never got the email), I just checked the portal and saw. 

I'm thinking the same thing will happen with Columbia but still nothing on my end from them.

It really makes it a brutal process. At this point, I am imagining that I have been rejected from Harvard History and Chicago History and yet I really have no clue. It would be much better to just receive a rejection letter. The waiting for the last month has really made me inefficient, and sadly they choose to continue to drag it out. Thankfully, I got my first decision today, and it was my top choice so I do not care as much about any of the other decisions, but up until this point it has been miserable! I can completely sympathize, as it grows tiresome fairly quickly and I only hope it is over for everyone soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, historygeek said:

Anyone know what letter we're up to in the Great Columbia Massacre of 2019?

My last name starts with S; still nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, how hard can in it be to just upload them all at once? Not even trying to be snarky--actually how hard is it to do this? Seems like it should be pretty straightforward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard from Stanford yet? Looking at the past few years, it looks like they send out acceptances around this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.