Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
01541001

SJSU

Recommended Posts

I applied here as well and have not heard anything. I do not know when they send out results though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am assuming it’ll be really late since the application deadline was February. If you look at last years they didn’t come out till the end of March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard anything so I doubt there is any good news waiting for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lasmith said:

I haven't heard anything so I doubt there is any good news waiting for me.

I haven't heard anything, either. Wondering if they are sending out letters by waves...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lexie_SLP said:

I haven't heard anything, either. Wondering if they are sending out letters by waves...

I sure hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got waitlisted. I’m actually pretty happy because it’s not a rejection! Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven't heard anything. I am assumed I got rejected. (but during this process I realized I really did not want go here. I applied because it was near to my parents. So I am not too upset about it.) Good luck and congrats to everyone else!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got waitlisted yesterday. I also am not upset about it because I already got into my top choice and I don't want to have to consider a slightly cheaper option than my top choice haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lasmith said:

I still haven't heard anything. I am assumed I got rejected. (but during this process I realized I really did not want go here. I applied because it was near to my parents. So I am not too upset about it.) Good luck and congrats to everyone else!!

Hi, may I ask why you do not want to go to SJSU? I just got accepted yesterday and am trying to find out more information about this program. If you know something about the program, would you mind sharing? Thank you!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lexie_SLP said:

Hi, may I ask why you do not want to go to SJSU? I just got accepted yesterday and am trying to find out more information about this program. If you know something about the program, would you mind sharing? Thank you!! 

It is not because they do not have a great program from what I can tell, it is because if I was going to go back to California to "save money", I wasn't really going to save money going here. It is expensive to live in San Jose and I don't really like the city that much. If I was going to pick a financial option it was going to be Sac State. (Which I have yet to hear from.) I truly picked it because it was two hours from my parents. I thought if I went tried to go too far away they would not like it. I am an only child (my parents are very attached to me) and the farthest I have lived away is two ish hours in Reno. We usually see each other twice a month. But if I moved farther away, that would not be an option.  Since, I have gotten waitlisted at ASU and UO, my top schools. My parents are all for me going to one of these schools if I get off the waitlisted. Not a reaction I expected. It does seems like a great program for bilinguals, which I am not. San Jose is also very diverse, which would be great when working in clinics and giving therapy. Plus, they have several grants that fund their program. For me, it was not a match personally, but it seems like a great program. I am not sure that helps or is the answer you wanted. Good luck on picking a program and your future endeavors and congrats to getting in to SJSU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lasmith said:

It is not because they do not have a great program from what I can tell, it is because if I was going to go back to California to "save money", I wasn't really going to save money going here. It is expensive to live in San Jose and I don't really like the city that much. If I was going to pick a financial option it was going to be Sac State. (Which I have yet to hear from.) I truly picked it because it was two hours from my parents. I thought if I went tried to go too far away they would not like it. I am an only child (my parents are very attached to me) and the farthest I have lived away is two ish hours in Reno. We usually see each other twice a month. But if I moved farther away, that would not be an option.  Since, I have gotten waitlisted at ASU and UO, my top schools. My parents are all for me going to one of these schools if I get off the waitlisted. Not a reaction I expected. It does seems like a great program for bilinguals, which I am not. San Jose is also very diverse, which would be great when working in clinics and giving therapy. Plus, they have several grants that fund their program. For me, it was not a match personally, but it seems like a great program. I am not sure that helps or is the answer you wanted. Good luck on picking a program and your future endeavors and congrats to getting in to SJSU!

Thank you for the detailed explanation! I totally understand your situation because it's the same for me as well --- I'm an only child, too! Thank you for the advice! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lexie_SLP said:

Thank you for the detailed explanation! I totally understand your situation because it's the same for me as well --- I'm an only child, too! Thank you for the advice! 

You're welcome, I am glad this helped a bit. I am also glad I am not only one trying to tread my way through grad school as an only child. Once again the best of luck to you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lasmith said:

You're welcome, I am glad this helped a bit. I am also glad I am not only one trying to tread my way through grad school as an only child. Once again the best of luck to you!!

Thanks! You, too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got waitlisted too. 😩 Does anyone know how many they typically take from their waitlist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nguyen16041 said:

I got waitlisted too. 😩 Does anyone know how many they typically take from their waitlist?

I heard that one year they took 13 people from the waitlist, but that could be 2-year and 3-year applicants combined

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Blossom19 said:

I heard that one year they took 13 people from the waitlist, but that could be 2-year and 3-year applicants combined

Dang, that's not a bad number at all! I just wonder how many people they have on their waitlist. 🤔 I know how much they take varies every year, but I am just hoping for some good news. I am just a little nervous because it is a state school, I can't imagine people want to turn it down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.