NSERC C/PGSD 2019-2020

J0n

2 minutes ago, Elli_056 said:

I sent them an email just to add another +1 to the "where are my results". I feel bad about it since they could still be processed this afternoon but hey I suffered all weekend! They have autoreply set up so it wouldn't hurt but might not make a difference. 

Same. I feel like if they did miss some emails, the more people let them know the faster they will deal with it. Could be wishful thinking though.

6 minutes ago, SamECE said:

Scenario #3 ... Results are by committee and some committees results are not finalized yet.

I am in Electrical and I didn't hear about a single applicants who heard back.

I emailed today my school's graduate studies office (McGill) and they said that they got the results from NSERC on Friday but could not disclose it to students until we receive the result from NSERC ourselves. They said we should hear from NSERC "within the coming days"...

This is torture.

Just now, sjalava said:

Same. I feel like if they did miss some emails, the more people let them know the faster they will deal with it. Could be wishful thinking though.

This whole emailing system is a mess ... they should announce the results on the portal where applicant can login and check it! I mean how hard it is to do such system! 

Just now, Lisbethx said:

I emailed today my school's graduate studies office (McGill) and they said that they got the results from NSERC on Friday but could not disclose it to students until we receive the result from NSERC ourselves. They said we should hear from NSERC "within the coming days"...

This is torture.

Which department/committee if you dont mind telling us?

2 minutes ago, Lisbethx said:

This is torture.

I almost laughed out loud. They're just messing with us. Thanks for the info. 

2 minutes ago, SamECE said:

This whole emailing system is a mess ... they should announce the results on the portal where applicant can login and check it! I mean how hard it is to do such system! 

Or how hard would it be for them to send an e-mail before releasing results to at least say "Results will be released over these days in random order" or whatever so we at least have some idea of what's going on .

8 minutes ago, sjalava said:

my administrator told me I got rejected :( good luck to the rest of you!

Sorry to hear that - thanks for sticking with us and letting us know. Too bad us direct applicants don't have administrators to badger..

Edited by LiquidEther

2 minutes ago, SamECE said:

Is it possible that acceptence by email... rejection by mail? This will be depressing .. I hope this is not the case.

That would be unusual. From my understanding in the past it was always just rankings by mail, decision by email. And then what about wait listed people? They just sit in limbo? 

EDIT: Just got reply back from them with the legendary blue text stating that results were mailed on Friday. I have replied back asking if we should not be expecting email results then and am now waiting to hear back. 

Edited by Elli_056

3 minutes ago, Elli_056 said:

Get prepared for the autoresponse and then a legendary blue text reply!!

How long did it take between autoresponse and blue text reply? (I sent an email a few hours ago)

40 minutes ago, Elli_056 said:

Did they say if they knew what was going on with all of this mess? If we don't have an email does that mean we got rejected? 

No idea, they gave me no other info. The email just said "You have been unsuccessful in the competition."

So cold lol

3 minutes ago, SamECE said:

I am starting to be pessimistic.

All the people that heard back today are either rejections or waitlisted.

There are few tweets from people if you search Twitter.

What does the Twitterverse say? I don't Twitter at all.

And yes, I personally have accepted the fact that I did not get an award and am putting my hopes onto OGS/QEII