NSERC C/PGSD 2019-2020

J0n

Just now, Elli_056 said:

What does the Twitterverse say? I don't Twitter at all.

And yes, I personally have accepted the fact that I did not get an award and am putting my hopes onto OGS/QEII

Few people mentioning about rejections or waitlist ... I found like 2 or 3 only.

17 minutes ago, Elli_056 said:

What does the Twitterverse say? I don't Twitter at all.

And yes, I personally have accepted the fact that I did not get an award and am putting my hopes onto OGS/QEII

Mostly CGSM results. Some announcements for PGSD, but unclear if they got their results last Friday and didn't get around to alerting their PIs before today

Since I haven't received an email from NSERC, I emailed my administrator at school today and they said I am on the "Alternate" list, but they don't know how far down the list I am. 

More waiting... 

Does anyone know when the ranking will be received and how (mail or email)?

Edited by MJ1991

3 minutes ago, MJ1991 said:

Since I haven't received an email from NSERC, I emailed my administrator at school today and they said I am on the "Alternate" list, but they don't know how far down the list I am. 

More waiting... 

The ranking is received by mail, and when depends on how quick your mail is... Last year, I got mine in the mail around mid to late April.

4 minutes ago, MJ1991 said:

More waiting... 

mid april, maybe this week.

5 minutes ago, MJ1991 said:

More waiting... 

The ranking is usually send via snail mail, and you get it end of April.

4 minutes ago, Lisbethx said:

Emailed my department (McGill physics) and they told me that I was on the alternate list. Good luck to the rest of you!

Does anyone know how successful it is if you get waitlisted? I.e. is there any hope of getting it still even on waitlist?

13 minutes ago, Lisbethx said:

Emailed my department (McGill physics) and they told me that I was on the alternate list. Good luck to the rest of you!

Also the coordinator of my department told me that already 2 people from our department went to tell her they got a scholarship. Which means that they definitely already got the news, while I didn't. Which might mean that maybe if you haven't heard back...

27 minutes ago, Lisbethx said:

Meanwhile I emailed my department (McGill Biology) and they told me that the Graduate Studies office only got the results today and that we should know the results this week. Ugh. 

Just now, musictg said:

Has anyone from U of T heard back yet? My application was forwarded and haven't heard back about the decision. If you did hear back, was it your department or NSERC who notified you? 

I'm not UoT, but from the activity here today - if you didn't get anything in your email yet, your best bet is to check with your department

I’m at UofT. I haven’t heard anything from NSERC and my department secretary emailed today asking me if I had heard anything. SGS graduate awards officer didn’t know anything, said it appears to them NSERC is still in the process of sending out results. 

Anyone hear from Ualberta- Mechanical Engineering?? 

This is so frustrating, we are all respectful in submitting by the deadline, yet we all can’t get a definitive answer on the same day. Why do have to get the perception that rejects get an answer later on?? That’s academic torture, all or some of us worked our ass off in preparation for this application. 

Edited by Jimmy416

58 minutes ago, Jimmy416 said:

Anyone hear from Ualberta- Mechanical Engineering?? 

This is so frustrating, we are all respectful in submitting by the deadline, yet we all can’t get a definitive answer on the same day. Why do have to get the perception that rejects get an answer later on?? That’s academic torture, all or some of us worked our ass off in preparation for this application. 

Hey fella, if it helps you feel better I am uOttawa Mech Eng, and nothing ! Let's hope we hear good news soon, it seems as this point it will be all via mail. 

I'm from UofT as well, and I know of people in the cell/molecular biology committee who have heard back, but not from mine, which is presumably Physiology.