NSERC C/PGSD 2019-2020

J0n

Just now, spin_ice said:

I was also forwarded on November 23rd this year, but was forwarded on November 27th last year, when they released the results on March 28th at around 2:30 pm EST (at least that's when I got the email). So here's hoping that the results will be released in the next hour? If not, they're taking longer than last year (which was also longer than the year before apparently) so who knows.

Here's hoping :)  The waiting is driving me nuts

8 minutes ago, micro-cat said:

Emailed UofA faculty of graduate stident research and they said expect results in April 2019...

This could be the case but this also just seems like a safe response to not have angry grad students grumbling if results aren't when they said . My grad site still says that results are expected end of March and that the university knows just about as much as we do as to when to expect things. 

Hey everyone, as someone who went through this last year I just wanted to chime in.

It seems that results were sent out mid-March for years 2017 and prior. Last year the results were sent out later on March 28. Considering that the results for the 2018 competition haven't even been made public yet (the 2017 results were made public in September of 2017), NSERC may be falling behind with this whole process. This is corroborated by the fact that some graduate departments have said that results might not be in until mid April. Just be patient. Even though I know how difficult that is when you are awaiting such an important result. 

For those wondering, they email the results to let you know yes/no, then they send more detailed ranking results by snail mail. My email was received around noon last year.

Good luck. 

Edited by Jibster

Hey everyone, I emailed NSERC last month and was told the results would be released March 27th. Clearly, that didn't happen so I emailed again and am waiting to hear back. Let's hope it's soon! We all have decisions to make!

EDIT: good news, everyone. The final decisions were approved today and will be sent out by post. Not sure what information will be updated electronically.

Edited by km0

1 hour ago, ka133 said:

Is it possible that they email the results during the weekend?

Results for CGS-M were released on a Sunday last year, so I wouldn't say it's impossible at least!