NSERC C/PGSD 2019-2020

J0n

I'm operating under the assumption that all acceptances have been sent out. That way, I won't get my hopes up.

That being said, has anyone in computer science heard back? It's a pretty large field with (probably) a large number of applicants... So I'm hoping those results haven't come out quite yet.

15 minutes ago, N0R said:

It seems that whatever been sent so far is PGS2 and CGS mainly...haven't heard of PGS3 yet, so hoping more acceptances will be sent out on Monday

This is depressing since I only qualify for the 2. Sigh. I wish they just had sent everything today. Puts a damper on the weekend. 

6 hours ago, Elli_056 said:

Woohoo! Which did you get and for how many years? I am so nervous!!!!

3 year PGS-D, though this was my last possible kick at the can so I'm a bit surprised it was for three years. My degree is supposed to end in two ?‍♀️ 

Edit: just caught up on the posts! Elli_056, I'm in the same boat with it being my last year so there is hope apparently!

Also for those who are anxiously awaiting results who didn't get an email yet, they did that last year too. Some people who were accepted got an email early the next week. Hang in there!

Edited by spin_ice
More to say after catching up on posts

2 hours ago, N0R said:

It seems that whatever been sent so far is PGS2 and CGS mainly...haven't heard of PGS3 yet, so hoping more acceptances will be sent out on Monday

Yeah, that makes sense.

Edited by turtleprincess
mistake

Got the 3 year CGS-D, Civil & Industrial Engineering (Committee 201), applied directly to NSERC. Will take this to the US, so will have to downgrade to PGS-D. Received the email around 4pm EST.

A friend of mine also applied and their department received notice from a university administrator that students will get an email with results on Monday. I think they sent out results by committee, and some committees sound like people will receive a decision early next week. My committee was physics.

13 hours ago, N0R said:

I got PGSD3 for Math yesterday around 2pm EST.

I think it results may be distributed be by institution. I formed this opinion on the basis that no one from UoT has chimed in, the single largest receiver of C/PGS-D awards. 

I myself am from uOttawa, and no one I have spoken to have heard back as of yet. If anyone else can vouch or refute my opinion it would be appreciated :)

Edited by PasserBy

5 minutes ago, PasserBy said:

I think it results may be distributed be by institution. I formed this opinion on the basis that no one from UoT has chimed in, the single largest receiver of C/PGS-D awards. 

I myself am from uOttawa, and no one I have spoken to have heard back as of yet. If anyone else can vouch or refute my opinion it would be appreciated :)

I think it could depend on institution and committee. I am from UW and I believe there were some engineers that got their results today. But people in my area have heard nothing and my friends in psychology at UW have also heard nothing (But apparently guelph psychology has?)

I wish they had just either sent them all yesterday or just saved them until after the weekend. The waiting is torture for those who haven't heard yet and it really is ruining my weekend. 

Just now, Elli_056 said:

I think it could depend on institution and committee. I am from UW and I believe there were some engineers that got their results today. But people in my area have heard nothing and my friends in psychology at UW have also heard nothing (But apparently guelph psychology has?)

I wish they had just either sent them all yesterday or just saved them until after the weekend. The waiting is torture for those who haven't heard yet and it really is ruining my weekend. 

I wholeheartedly agree. I can barely focus on anything else even though I know I won't know until Monday.

I've never heard of anyone mastering out so to speak before. If it happens, it must be pretty rare. The reverse is incredibly more common; direct entry to PhD from BSc, or switching to PhD after a period of time in an MSc. I would check that out with your institution, and with NSERC,