Jump to content

NSERC C/PGSD 2019-2020


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone, as someone who went through this last year I just wanted to chime in. It seems that results were sent out mid-March for years 2017 and prior. Last year the results were sent out lat

Yeah, I'm less than impressed.... Thanks to everyone who posted anything they knew here though - I would've been so lost otherwise. For some reason I thought being a direct applicant to NSERC would me

Yea I would have been much happier if they could have sent an email on the 28 saying "offers of funding will be sent by email to succesful applicants on March 29. Non succesful applicants will be mail

1 hour ago, PianoMan said:

I finally got my letter and was ranked 68 out of 133 (51.1%) for chemistry PGS 3D. I am on the waitlist but feel my chances of getting it are low. Does anyone know the cut off rank this year (i.e. how many people were accepted)?

I am currently ranked 57 out of 133 for chemistry and waitlisted... I'm also wondering what is the cut off rank!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jojothechemist said:

I am currently ranked 57 out of 133 for chemistry and waitlisted... I'm also wondering what is the cut off rank!

Wow that's 42.9% ... definitely a much lower cut-off compared to previous years. In chemistry for 2017 it was 46%. I think you are definitely close to the cut-off and should get the award soon. Me on the other hand I think I have a very low chance at 51.1%.

Edited by PianoMan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Committee 117 here. 51/110, which doesn’t look so good as they have never given out more than 47. I don’t know how valuable it is to calculate percentages if they only have funding for a fixed number of applications except to fantasize about what it would have been like in a year with fewer applicants. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UofTmath1 said:

Committee 117 here. 51/110, which doesn’t look so good as they have never given out more than 47. I don’t know how valuable it is to calculate percentages if they only have funding for a fixed number of applications except to fantasize about what it would have been like in a year with fewer applicants. 

I think its roughly around 40%

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 10:01 PM, bac.engine said:

Still waiting on my rankings letter. I'm in the Atlantic region

Got my ranking letter. I'm ranked 78/160 im my committee 117 (Chemical, Biomedical and Materials Science Engineering). Even though I'm waitlisted, I don't think I'll take it because I feel that I'm far away from the cutoff mark. Anyone who got the scholarship from commitee 117 mind sharing what their ranking is? Or any other committee?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my ranking yesterday. Got CGSD3, ranked 9th out of 148 applications, committee 196 psychology. Since my uni is abroad, I will be switched to the PGSD3 automatically.

Anyone know how competitive we would have been if we applied to the Vanier? I couldn't because I was abroad. The criteria looks quite similar. I feel though all of this ends up being quite subjective at the end of the day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pam_office said:

Got my letter today too, thought of sharing in case it helps anyone. I got PGS-D3. i was ranked 38 out of 148 applications, committee 196 psychology.

From my understanding, only 148 apps got forwarded from the universities across Canada (+ direct applicants) for committee 196. Is there any stats on how many people applied in the first place at each uni, before they decided who got forwarded? 

Do you know how many people applied at your uni?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, saugaboy said:

From my understanding, only 148 apps got forwarded from the universities across Canada (+ direct applicants) for committee 196. Is there any stats on how many people applied in the first place at each uni, before they decided who got forwarded? 

Do you know how many people applied at your uni?

no, the letter doesn't mention that

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hanie Yousefi said:

I got a PGSD- Does anyone know if we can see how many people got CGSD? I want to calculate my chances of getting promoted to CGSD.

  

based on previous years, I think it's about the top 20-25% of people in your committee. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
2
On 4/17/2019 at 6:33 PM, bac.engine said:

Got my ranking letter. I'm ranked 78/160 im my committee 117 (Chemical, Biomedical and Materials Science Engineering). Even though I'm waitlisted, I don't think I'll take it because I feel that I'm far away from the cutoff mark. Anyone who got the scholarship from commitee 117 mind sharing what their ranking is? Or any other committee?

Chemical, Biomedical and Materials Science Engineering is committee 194. I was ranked 60/160 and got PGSD2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the acceptance letter, it says that we should not communicate publicly that we have gotten the award until it is posted in the NSERC website. Does that mean that we can't add the award to our Linkedin, resume,... until then?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.