2019 Decisions Thread

33 minutes ago, arbie said:

Just sent off decisions from the Madison airport as my plane is boarding. Literally. 

Turns out my user icon was prophetic—burnt orange all the way. Headed to UT Austin in the fall!

Congrats on making your decision! I know Texas is a big state, but maybe I’ll run into you at a conference or something in the future!

4 hours ago, kd1990 said:

A collaboration thread would be pretty cool. Especially since it can be difficult to begin collaborations in the field. I also wonder if it would be good to have something where grad students can talk about their research and potential fits in programs. Forgive me if this gets a bit stream of consciousness like as I am thinking of it as I go and read a lot of Joyce and Woolf. But a collaboration thread could also help those researching programs. As we know, it is impossible to research all the grad programs out there. So for those lucky enough to have been accepted to either a MA or Ph.D. program, we can help those either looking to get into grad school or those wanting to go from MA to Ph.D. Particularly those of us in Ph.D. programs can draw back on their research/comment on their current programs and help those looking for fits in their field of interest. Think of it as reaching out to current grad students, but maybe in a more familiar surrounding. I hope this makes sense.

This is so smart! Like not only can we collab across programs and after, but we can also be a clear resource for those who are just starting their process! And it'd be like a lower-stakes way for applicants to get in touch w current grad students.

Late to the game, but I accepted my offer a few days ago at Brown! 

I had a fairly idiosyncratic application process in the sense that I applied across disciplines but literary studies has always been my intellectual "home" and I'm very excited to start next fall :) congratulations everyone!