Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, hgtvdeathdrive said:

stay tuned for my tell all memoir regarding that deleted post from earlier this week lmao!!!!

Preordered. 

Congrats!!! I really think you’re gonna love it! Money ain’t nothing but a thang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I accepted the University of Michigan's offer, PhD in American Culture. Feeling strangely ambivalent about it; it's a great program with tons of resources and I'm excited to begin the journey, but I do not like the location at all. Hoping to make the best of it as no offer had everything I was looking for.

Now to have a glass of wine. I'm relieved that this part of the process is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Officially going to UVA!

Thanks to everyone who has helped with advice, information, and just generally making this community the supportive place it is. I've been here for 3 years now and I'm glad to be moving on to the next stage finally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

Officially going to UVA!

Thanks to everyone who has helped with advice, information, and just generally making this community the supportive place it is. I've been here for 3 years now and I'm glad to be moving on to the next stage finally.

Congratulations, so happy for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WildeThing said:

Officially going to UVA!

Thanks to everyone who has helped with advice, information, and just generally making this community the supportive place it is. I've been here for 3 years now and I'm glad to be moving on to the next stage finally.

You really did it! Such wonderful news, congratulations :) I plan to be in the Cville/Staunton area many times to see plays at the American Shakespeare Center in the next 6-7 years. Perhaps we will rub elbows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be no limit to reacts today!!!

 

Congrats everyone ❤️ We did it!  I’m so glad to have been a part of this community, for all the support, and for all the joy in seeing folks’ dreams come true.

I just know in the future whenever I see some truly incredible thing happening in our field, I’m going to proudly be like hmmmm, I bet there’s a GCer behind that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

Congrats everyone ❤️ We did it!  I’m so glad to have been a part of this community, for all the support, and for all the joy in seeing folks’ dreams come true.

I just know in the future whenever I see some truly incredible thing happening in our field, I’m going to proudly be like hmmmm, I bet there’s a GCer behind that.

This just made my heart feel so full! I hope we all keep each other updated on conferences and publications--I wanna follow all of your work into the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

I just know in the future whenever I see some truly incredible thing happening in our field, I’m going to proudly be like hmmmm, I bet there’s a GCer behind that. 

I've always been curious on how much impact one group could have if everyone collaborated with each other on various opportunities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Warelin said:

I've always been curious on how much impact one group could have if everyone collaborated with each other on various opportunities.

I wonder what this would look like on the tangible level. What kind of opportunities? How does the interface/collaboration occur? Etc? It's exciting to think about. Maybe we should make a GCers "Potential Collaborations" thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bopie5 said:

I wonder what this would look like on the tangible level. What kind of opportunities? How does the interface/collaboration occur? Etc? It's exciting to think about. Maybe we should make a GCers "Potential Collaborations" thread.

Ooooo I love this idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter just accepted her spot at the University of Illinois for a MS in Library and Information Science. It was a difficult decision for her, but we are all excited at the idea of visiting those amazing libraries!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warelin said:

I've always been curious on how much impact one group could have if everyone collaborated with each other on various opportunities.

 

2 hours ago, Bopie5 said:

I wonder what this would look like on the tangible level. What kind of opportunities? How does the interface/collaboration occur? Etc? It's exciting to think about. Maybe we should make a GCers "Potential Collaborations" thread.

A collaboration thread would be pretty cool. Especially since it can be difficult to begin collaborations in the field. I also wonder if it would be good to have something where grad students can talk about their research and potential fits in programs. Forgive me if this gets a bit stream of consciousness like as I am thinking of it as I go and read a lot of Joyce and Woolf. But a collaboration thread could also help those researching programs. As we know, it is impossible to research all the grad programs out there. So for those lucky enough to have been accepted to either a MA or Ph.D. program, we can help those either looking to get into grad school or those wanting to go from MA to Ph.D. Particularly those of us in Ph.D. programs can draw back on their research/comment on their current programs and help those looking for fits in their field of interest. Think of it as reaching out to current grad students, but maybe in a more familiar surrounding. I hope this makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got home from the Chicago visit (lol), and committed to Chicago as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dilby said:

You really did it! Such wonderful news, congratulations :) I plan to be in the Cville/Staunton area many times to see plays at the American Shakespeare Center in the next 6-7 years. Perhaps we will rub elbows.

Looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, arbie said:

Just sent off decisions from the Madison airport as my plane is boarding. Literally. 

Turns out my user icon was prophetic—burnt orange all the way. Headed to UT Austin in the fall!

YAYYYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.