SLP Declining Offers Thread 2019

Saw that @hopefulSLP2be7 started a thread like this last year for those who are playing the waiting game... Please post here if you are DECLINING your acceptance OR waitlist position at a school. This will HELP people get a better idea of their situation! Thanks to everyone who participates! Congrats to all the SLPs to be!”

I have declined acceptances at Temple University, CUNY Lehman College, the College of Saint Rose, and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I'm still deciding between three programs, so I'll be declining others in the future. Hope this helps someone!

Also, please decline as soon as you know you are not interested in attending, so that schools can send out more acceptances before April 15th if possible! I am still waiting on hearing back from a program (Emerson), since they seem to be waiting to hear back from accepted students before accepting others or adding people to their waitlist.

17 minutes ago, samiamslp said:

I have declined acceptances at Temple University, CUNY Lehman College, the College of Saint Rose, and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I'm still deciding between three programs, so I'll be declining others in the future. Hope this helps someone!

I am waitlisted at College of Saint Rose!!! I hope I get off the waitlist soon this is my dream school. I hope to hear something soon from them! I hope everyone who isn't going declines soon. I have my fingers crossed super tight!!

49 minutes ago, KelsHud said:

I am waitlisted at College of Saint Rose!!! I hope I get off the waitlist soon this is my dream school. I hope to hear something soon from them! I hope everyone who isn't going declines soon. I have my fingers crossed super tight!!

When did you find out you were waitlisted at st rose? I interviewed 3/1 and have still not heard anything! 

1 hour ago, hiimkhanh said:

I’ll be declining my acceptance slot at Midwestern University (Glendale)

I'm waiting to hear from Glendale for an interview. I'm still considered waitlisted for one. Hoping everything will come together :D 

2 hours ago, speechie510 said:

When did you find out you were waitlisted at st rose? I interviewed 3/1 and have still not heard anything! 

I also interviewed on 3/1 and told us that the following week we should hear something. That Friday I called Ms. Patterson and she told me I was waitlisted. 

40 minutes ago, KaraSLP said:

I got waitlisted at Pacific Univeristy and am really hoping to get in soon. It’s my top school choice! If anyone is planning to decline their offer here, could you please let them know soon? I’d really appreciate it!

My friend might decline her spot if she gets into UofRedlands. It should be any day now.

27 minutes ago, Sarah_nichole93 said:

Whats your GPA? to get into those schools?

Undergrad cumulative gpa out of field major I had a 3.85, last 60 hours was a 3.95 and my CSD gpa for the prerequisites was a 4.0 

Literally not sure which one they use lol 

Just got waitlisted at GWU, if anyone was accepted and they're going to decline the offer please do so as soon as you can! This school was my top choice and I'm super bummed about it!! :(