Jump to content
slptobe97

Project LINC-SLP / UT Austin

Recommended Posts

Has anyone else applied or heard any info on the Project LINC-SLP funding that Austin offers? Are we supposed to hear back before the April 15th deadline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slptobe97 said:

Has anyone else applied or heard any info on the Project LINC-SLP funding that Austin offers? Are we supposed to hear back before the April 15th deadline?

I haven't heard of it. Where did you learn about it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my understanding & also because I'm an undergrad at this university, UT does not offer any sort of funding to their graduate students. However, you can receive funding in other forms such as teaching or graduate assistantships. You should contact Dr. Jessica Franco because it seems like she has been coordinating funding from this program for UT graduate students.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, peachie_speechie10 said:

From my understanding & also because I'm an undergrad at this university, UT does not offer any sort of funding to their graduate students. However, you can receive funding in other forms such as teaching or graduate assistantships. You should contact Dr. Jessica Franco because it seems like she has been coordinating funding from this program for UT graduate students.

It’s through the federal government and the application was linked in the acceptance email. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

It’s through the federal government and the application was linked in the acceptance email. :) 

Do you know if everyone was provided with the LINC scholarship application? Or were only those with relative interests/experiences provided with the application in the acceptance. It was included in my acceptance email, but I have specific interests in early intervention and experience working with children from CLD backgrounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SLPmb said:

Do you know if everyone was provided with the LINC scholarship application? Or were only those with relative interests/experiences provided with the application in the acceptance. It was included in my acceptance email, but I have specific interests in early intervention and experience working with children from CLD backgrounds.

I would guess everyone because I didn’t express those interests on my application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 10:02 AM, Rezzy S. said:

It’s through the federal government and the application was linked in the acceptance email. :) 

Yay that's awesome!! Glad they're giving y'all some sort of funding opportunity hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 4:46 PM, Slpstudent2468 said:

Has anyone heard back from UT Austin on this funding?

I wonder when they'll tell us!! The deadline is so so soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, marieslp said:

Just got an email that I'm on a waitlist but no luck yet!

You are on the waitlist for LINC funding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SLPmb said:

You are on the waitlist for LINC funding?

Yes which I think is their kind way of saying I didn't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry to hear that. It doesn’t look like I will get it either since I haven’t heard anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, marieslp said:

Yes which I think is their kind way of saying I didn't get it.

I’m sorry to hear that. It doesn’t look like I will get it either since I haven’t heard anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was put on the waitlist as well. I'm disappointed, but Dr. Perez said that I was high up on the waitlist so hopefully if someone is planning on turning down their offer then I'll hear soon. Since I'm out of state, this will make or break me going to UT Austin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, slptobe97 said:

I was put on the waitlist as well. I'm disappointed, but Dr. Perez said that I was high up on the waitlist so hopefully if someone is planning on turning down their offer then I'll hear soon. Since I'm out of state, this will make or break me going to UT Austin.

I hope you get it! It’s sweet that you are high up on it. It’s the same for me, out of state so not having the funding will be a clear “no” very sadly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.