Jump to content

Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else's brain like: "omg its Jan 2- the holidays are over please read my application now!!!" Two weeks from now, a lot of us will be hearing some great news! I know it's hard to stay positi

Hi everyone, 1st year clinical (Ph.D.) student here. I remember being in your place around this time last year (and several years before that), and found myself reminiscing how awful all those fe

I think that's it for this cycle for me. There's not really a point to this post other than maybe some kind of closure? I've checked this site countless times a day for so many months, but there's no

Posted Images

Just received an email from the director of the Counseling Psychology program at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale (SIUC) that they will be cancelling their open house interview day as they will no longer be able to accept any students this year due to "changes in staffing/budgeting" and that "these changes were sudden and unexpected". I am so surprised/shocked right now as I have already booked my hotel and was really looking forward to interviewing there... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KB23 said:

Just received an email from the director of the Counseling Psychology program at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale (SIUC) that they will be cancelling their open house interview day as they will no longer be able to accept any students this year due to "changes in staffing/budgeting" and that "these changes were sudden and unexpected". I am so surprised/shocked right now as I have already booked my hotel and was really looking forward to interviewing there... 

 

Same, I had already purchased a $500 flight ticket that won't even be refunded or credited in any way.. I'm so disappointed and I don't even know how to process this

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KB23 said:

Just received an email from the director of the Counseling Psychology program at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale (SIUC) that they will be cancelling their open house interview day as they will no longer be able to accept any students this year due to "changes in staffing/budgeting" and that "these changes were sudden and unexpected". I am so surprised/shocked right now as I have already booked my hotel and was really looking forward to interviewing there... 

 

Oh my gosh, that's horrible. I'd be so mad if this happened to me. So sorry that happened to you! This process is so expensive as is...

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KB23 said:

Just received an email from the director of the Counseling Psychology program at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale (SIUC) that they will be cancelling their open house interview day as they will no longer be able to accept any students this year due to "changes in staffing/budgeting" and that "these changes were sudden and unexpected". I am so surprised/shocked right now as I have already booked my hotel and was really looking forward to interviewing there... 

 

Wow. That's crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an interview with a program over 2 1/2 weeks ago, but the program originally said they would likely need 1-2 weeks to send out decisions. I want to keep waiting it out for now, but is it acceptable to follow-up with a program post-interview? Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Holsmon said:

I had an interview with a program over 2 1/2 weeks ago, but the program originally said they would likely need 1-2 weeks to send out decisions. I want to keep waiting it out for now, but is it acceptable to follow-up with a program post-interview? Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

call/email the admissions office. they are helpful sometimes

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, detectivepikachu said:

just heard from louisville admin. She said they're "sending out admissions updates by the end of the week". I have not heard from my POI since the interview process so I'm assuming that's a 'no'? Or is it common to get an acceptance without hearing from the POI before mass admission emails go out?

I would think that admissions updates would include offers from POIs, but if it doesn't, then it's pretty strange to not here from them before the mass emails. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, detectivepikachu said:

just heard from louisville admin. She said they're "sending out admissions updates by the end of the week". I have not heard from my POI since the interview process so I'm assuming that's a 'no'? Or is it common to get an acceptance without hearing from the POI before mass admission emails go out?

I've heard nothing from louisville either. I wouldn't assume anything quite yet if you haven't heard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shelfchorus456 said:

Has anyone heard from Eastern Kentucky University post-interview? I saw on the results page that someone got waitlisted on Wednesday, so I'm assuming I'm either rejected or accepted, but why would they only send out waitlist e-mails?
 

I haven't heard anything either. I was wondering the same thing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jespo said:

Does "end of the week" mean today or Sunday? 

At the interview on Monday I was told I would hear from University of Iowa about their acceptance decision at the end of the week, and just got an email about half and hour ago. I would assume in most cases end of week means Friday, but it could always depend on the program, and there could always be reasons that something doesn't get done until the next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.