Jump to content

Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else's brain like: "omg its Jan 2- the holidays are over please read my application now!!!" Two weeks from now, a lot of us will be hearing some great news! I know it's hard to stay positi

Hi everyone, 1st year clinical (Ph.D.) student here. I remember being in your place around this time last year (and several years before that), and found myself reminiscing how awful all those fe

I think that's it for this cycle for me. There's not really a point to this post other than maybe some kind of closure? I've checked this site countless times a day for so many months, but there's no

Posted Images

3 hours ago, PsychedInfo said:

If you are reaching out to a school to let them know you'd like to withdraw your application because you're accepting another offer, is it customary to tell them where you're going? Have other people done this? Thanks in advance for feedback! Every aspect of this process makes me so anxious; I just want to do everything right/maintain good rapport with all the faculty members I interviewed with.

I told both of the place, where I withdrew, where I was going. I'm in a relatively small sub-field so they would have found out anyway. I think some are just genuinely curious!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 7:06 PM, Mister Belvedere said:

I agree with this too — though, I'd expect the DCT to tell you to wait until mid-April for finalized decisions.

Do you think it would be best to reach out to the DCT (whom I've never emailed) or my PI (also the department chair)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you that are alternates at programs, are you continuing communication with the POI during the waiting period? I know I could be potentially waiting until April to hear back about a final decision, but I'd really love to be kept in the loop. There seem to be so many possible outcomes between now and then - the other applicant could accept the offer but the POI could be deciding if they have funding for another student, the other applicant could decline but priority for funding might go to another professor, etc. I'm a control freak and would much rather have 100% transparency about the process, but am unsure what the norm is for alternates. I don't want to seem pushy or overbearing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, justacigar said:

For those of you that are alternates at programs, are you continuing communication with the POI during the waiting period? I know I could be potentially waiting until April to hear back about a final decision, but I'd really love to be kept in the loop. There seem to be so many possible outcomes between now and then - the other applicant could accept the offer but the POI could be deciding if they have funding for another student, the other applicant could decline but priority for funding might go to another professor, etc. I'm a control freak and would much rather have 100% transparency about the process, but am unsure what the norm is for alternates. I don't want to seem pushy or overbearing. 

I found out I was waitlisted mid Feb, so I'm waiting until mid March to reach out unless something significant changes on my CV. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

I just got an email from Palo Alto PhD clinical psychology saying that my application is "under continued review" and they will make decision as they move toward Spring term. Does anyone know what it means? Did anybody else get the same email?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 9:08 AM, laniekid said:

I found out I was waitlisted mid Feb, so I'm waiting until mid March to reach out unless something significant changes on my CV. 

Great, thanks! My mentor said to wait about a month, too, so I'm glad that is what others are thinking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross-posting from the waitlist thread:

When would you guys say it's appropriate to contact a school post-interview to see if you're on a waitlist (if at all)? If so, would you recommend contacting the DCT, your POI, or both?

It's been a little over 2 weeks after a few of the interviews I had and I've seen some offers extended from those programs, but have not been rejected either. Am wondering if I could be on the waitlist at at least one of those few, but none of the programs have contacted me about it. Should I reach out, or wait more? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone go to Southern Illinois University Carbondale's clinical PhD open house? I was only able to do skype interviews, so would love it if you could DM me about it! And does anyone know anything about their timeline?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Poster who was rejected from USF: you said you heard back from you POI that offers were sent out. Was that all offers in the program or just for your POIs? Sorry about the bad news :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.