Canadian SLP Declining Offers Thread 2019

Salsouqi

@hopefulSLP2be7 started a thread like this last year (for American Applicants) for those who are playing the waiting game... Please post here if you are DECLINING your acceptance OR waitlist position at a school. This will HELP people get a better idea of their situation! Thanks to everyone who participates! Congrats to all the SLPs to be!”

1 hour ago, westernhopeful2 said:

I am waitlisted at Western! This is the only school I have hope for to get in.

I will be declining my offer at Western so hopefully that opens up a spot for you :) 

Just got into UT & western (waitlisted at Mac). Will be most likely be taking my spot for u of t so that should open up a spot at western and hopefully move some people up on the wait list at McMaster! Best of luck guys~

I am on the wait list for Western! Really hoping I get in because it's the only school I could apply to. I really wish I knew how many people were on the wait list so could know my chances. But this forum gives me hope.  

I’m hoping to move up the waitlist for U of T! Though it seems like everyone who got offered a spot has it as their first choice. I was accepted to McMaster and Western, still not 100% sure which one I would pick if I don’t get into U of T, but probably McMaster. 

Hi guys, I am waitlisted at UofA, Western and Dal. Crossing my fingers hard for at least one of them, but UofA is my dream school, is anyone turning down their offers to UofA? 

Congrats to all of you that got in :) 

I was accepted to Western and waitlisted at McMaster and U of T. Crossing my fingers for U of T. 

Congrats to everybody for making it through this application process! Regardless of the decision, this is a super tough process so I think we should give ourselves a pat on the back.

Thanks for making this thread. On a positive note, most of us have applied to multiple schools. Both people who are waitlisted and accepted may reject the school, so a waitlist can be promising! On the other hand, it's hard to know your rank on the waitlist... so better to have no expectations. 

Guest speakingvoice

I just declined Western, so hopefully one of you will get my spot! :)

Good luck everyone, I know how stressful this is! Stay positive!

I am waitlisted at Dal, really hoping for an offer because I was rejected from U of A but I have a friend who told me she heard back from Dal waitlist as late as June 5th. 

As for those U of A waitlisted, good luck to you guys, my friend last year was waitlisted end of March and found out in April she was accepted. 

Edited by SLPhopeful2019