Skowhegan 2019

Thisismyusername7

Okay y’all it’s that first week in April, the week we typically hear back from Skowhegan. Any bets on when we’ll get the email? I did notice that on their FAQs they changed it from saying we would hear back “in April” to “by the end of April”. Do you think that’s just to mitagate against all the calls they get around this time? It would seem bonkers to hear back about a 3 month residency that starts in June with only a month’s notice. 

Edited by Thisismyusername7
Typo

they seem pretty behind on things this year---they still haven't announced the faculty for this summer. that being said, I do hope they let us know this week or next at the latest. 

1 hour ago, Thisismyusername7 said:

I did, but I always forget to screenshot the application, so that I can look back at which pieces  I submitted since you can't get back into the portal. Did anyone submit with video?

you actually have the option to download the entire application before submitting--I do it each time so I can remember what I submitted (since this is my third or fourth try....?)

I also, for the first time in a while, added descriptions for all the pieces. 

On 4/6/2019 at 10:14 AM, Thisismyusername7 said:

210 benefit, do share. ?

Kaji Irukazu, is Monday/Tuesday your best guess or did you give them a call? 

If I remember correctly chitra ganesh is a resident faculty member this year! But again I've only heard that through word of mouth amongst friends

For those who submitted video have you seen plays at the end of March? If so, then they might still be on the typical time line and we might hear back early this week.

210benefit, oh snap, Chitra Ganesh is one of my all time favorites, she's a visionary! 

Hi all, last year it was April 9 that I received a rejection from Skowhegan, and based on previous forums they send out rejections first, and then acceptances. So I guess let's all hope for no news tomorrow! Not sure if it will be the same this year, though. 

Also, does anyone remember the actual dates of the residency? Aside from "9-week summer program" I can't seem to locate the exact start and end dates.

52 minutes ago, TheBarnOwl said:

Hi all, last year it was April 9 that I received a rejection from Skowhegan, and based on previous forums they send out rejections first, and then acceptances. So I guess let's all hope for no news tomorrow! Not sure if it will be the same this year, though. 

Also, does anyone remember the actual dates of the residency? Aside from "9-week summer program" I can't seem to locate the exact start and end dates.

I believe it starts June 8th. It’s on the website where the application info is. you could check.