Skowhegan 2019

Thisismyusername7

Rejected again, but made it to the final round of reviews (again)....I just feel like they should take into consideration if you've already "made it to the final round" before. That being said, I'm pretty sure I won't be applying again....I can't deal with the anxiety this induces and I doubt I'll have another summer where I can take 9 weeks off for an unfunded residency (technically I can't do that now, haha). 

Good luck to the rest of you! 

-C

8 minutes ago, Zander said:

Did Skowhegan last year and it was amazing! Is there anyone who's waiting on ACRE and Vermont Studio Center?

Hey, could I ask a question or two?

I didn’t get a rejection letter so I’m assuming...I didn’t get rejected. But I’m still getting anxious and overthinking because I feel it could mean I either got in or am on the waitlist. 

Do you you know if waitlist notifications are sent on the same day as rejections? or if they are sent on the same day as acceptances?

also, do you know if people actually get off of the waitlist?

Or I guess a really simple question would be if you could remember how soon they sent out notification.

7 hours ago, Zander said:

Did Skowhegan last year and it was amazing! Is there anyone who's waiting on ACRE and Vermont Studio Center?

Acre is not out yet.

i got fully funded vsc this September

Did anyone apply for ISP or Core? I know Core results won't come out for a while but I'm wondering when the interview requests for ISP will happen--maybe next week?

Edited by cpw0021

8 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

Did anyone apply for ISP or Core? I know Core results won't come out for a while but I'm wondering when the interview requests for ISP will happen--maybe next week?

Rumor is core’s will come sooner than June....

18 minutes ago, jbsp said:

Rumor is core’s will come sooner than June....

Fingers crossed on that! I applied to years ago (back when I had no business applying for a number of reasons) and I vaguely remember hearing back in May....

1 hour ago, Thisismyusername7 said:

Douchamp and others, did anyone get in from this thread? Would love to know that one of us made it through! 

Yes!

I found out today!

im going to Skowhegan. I’m so excited.

On 4/11/2019 at 12:38 PM, BBQGGe said:

Thank you for your nice word! I got in!!

22 hours ago, yessi said:

going to skowhegan too!!! super excited  ?

Congrats you two!!!! You all bring me hope, crossing my fingers for next year! : ) 

• 2 years later...
On 4/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, Thisismyusername7 said:

Okay y’all it’s that first week in April, the week we typically hear back from Skowhegan. Any bets on when we’ll get the email? I did notice that on their FAQs they changed it from saying we would hear back “in April” to “by the end of April”. Do you think that’s just to mitagate against all the calls they get around this time? It would seem bonkers to hear back about a 3 month residency that starts in June with only a month’s notice. 

On 4/8/2019 at 10:35 AM, BBQGGe said:

They played my videos twice in past week, and reload them during the weekend. I guess they were making their decision.

Hi I saw that you got into Skowhegan 2019. Congrats on that! I am applying this year and was wondering if you remember how many times they uploaded your video? I see that they uploaded mine 33 times and played 3x. I know it's still early in the game but if you can share your analysis on their procedure (again if you remember) do you mind sharing? thank you!

They played my videos twice in past week, and reload them during the weekend. I guess they were making their decision.

On 2/6/2022 at 7:12 AM, nycart88 said:

Hi I saw that you got into Skowhegan 2019. Congrats on that! I am applying this year and was wondering if you remember how many times they uploaded your video? I see that they uploaded mine 33 times and played 3x. I know it's still early in the game but if you can share your analysis on their procedure (again if you remember) do you mind sharing? thank you!

I think it's still too early but it definitely is a good sign! I know their selection process goes many rounds, so I wouldn't think about it at this point but would check back in late March, and if they are still playing your works by then it really means something. GOOD LUCK!

On 2/7/2022 at 12:01 PM, BBQGGe said:

I think it's still too early but it definitely is a good sign! I know their selection process goes many rounds, so I wouldn't think about it at this point but would check back in late March, and if they are still playing your works by then it really means something. GOOD LUCK!

Thank you for answering! Yes, it's too early for sure. I am hoping for the best. Did you like the residency? Good luck with your future apps!

19 hours ago, nycart88 said:

Thank you for answering! Yes, it's too early for sure. I am hoping for the best. Did you like the residency? Good luck with your future apps!

Thank you! You wouldn't regret it, Skowhegan definitely bound participants together, and as an international who had lived in USA for years I finally started to feel welcomed.

On 2/9/2022 at 3:43 PM, BBQGGe said:

Thank you! You wouldn't regret it, Skowhegan definitely bound participants together, and as an international who had lived in USA for years I finally started to feel welcomed.

that's really nice. it's super competitive as I am sure you know so I am trying not to get my hopes up. thanks again for the info!