Jump to content
displaynamesarehard

SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

Recommended Posts

I finally got my results too and I was waitlisted with a score of 11.8 (which feels low)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Lexifer said:

I finally got my results too and I was waitlisted with a score of 11.8 (which feels low)

Waitlisted is still an accomplishment!! 

Edited by ButterTurtle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Contacted SSHRC about not having access to my portal and I got a reply with a link to login to the portal where my results will be uploaded...super frustrated since I never got login information and still have no access to the portal. I also phoned and they assured me I'd eventually get an email...I'm so sick of waiting 😩

Edited by stressymessy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My department let me know I was waitlisted on Friday and I just got my letter on the portal. Scored 13.10/20 in committee 3. Better than last year (waitlisted with 11.9/20), so I'll chalk that up as a win. 

Anyone hear of any successful awards for the fellowship (not CGS-D) in committee 3? 

Edited by digitalethnographer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lexifer said:

I finally got my results too and I was waitlisted with a score of 11.8 (which feels low)

Can I ask what committee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHSinclair said:

Can I ask what committee?

I'm in psych, so I think that's 4, if I remember correctly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, digitalethnographer said:

My department let me know I was waitlisted on Friday and I just got my letter on the portal. Scored 13.10/20 in committee 3. Better than last year (waitlisted with 11.9/20), so I'll chalk that up as a win. 

Anyone hear of any successful awards for the fellowship (not CGS-D) in committee 3? 

That seems like a high waitlist score! Hopefully you're near the top. I was awarded a fellowship in Committee 3 with a 15.1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, elodie said:

12.40 seems quite high to not be waitlisted, can I ask what committee you applied to? Sorry to hear!

Yeah even my supervisor said this. I will follow up with SSHRC. I forget the number, but it’s the committee with education/psychology/linguistics. I really was expecting a waitlist and it’s really odd that I wasn’t. My friend in psychology at UofT had a score of 14/20 and got CGS-D soooooo is confusing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lexifer said:

I'm in psych, so I think that's 4, if I remember correctly 

That’s so weird. I’m in the same committee, got 12.4/20 and no waitlist. Huh .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leelof said:

That’s so weird. I’m in the same committee, got 12.4/20 and no waitlist. Huh .

That makes no sense. I am waiting to hear and I am committee 4 as well but Education.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leelof said:

That’s so weird. I’m in the same committee, got 12.4/20 and no waitlist. Huh .

worth investigating! It could be that you're both on two separate sub committees.  Psychology had 4 subcommittees last year, 4A-4D so that could explain why. They give the same amount of awards to each sub committee, and your score is relative to the subcommittee specifically, (top 42 out of 181 awarded in 4a, 4b, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen any documents uploaded on my end either, however, my awards director mentioned that if I haven't heard anything until now that means that I was probably unsuccessful. :( 

Great work everyone who received the cgs-d!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, leelof said:

Yeah even my supervisor said this. I will follow up with SSHRC. I forget the number, but it’s the committee with education/psychology/linguistics. I really was expecting a waitlist and it’s really odd that I wasn’t. My friend in psychology at UofT had a score of 14/20 and got CGS-D soooooo is confusing 

I'm part of committee 4 and  got a score on 15/20 but I didn't get the CGS-D. I got the SSHRC doctoral (at McGill). I wonder whether it has to do something with the institutions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IcedLatte said:

I'm part of committee 4 and  got a score on 15/20 but I didn't get the CGS-D. I got the SSHRC doctoral (at McGill). I wonder whether it has to do something with the institutions. 

Hmm interesting, congrats btw!!! Yeah maybe. I’m at Concordia in education 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kittycats said:

I haven't seen any documents uploaded on my end either, however, my awards director mentioned that if I haven't heard anything until now that means that I was probably unsuccessful. :( 

Great work everyone who received the cgs-d!! 

What!!! That sucks they said that! My friend JUST got notification in her portal and got the CGSD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps so many CGS-D are given per committee and per university? That way one person's biases cannot impact the whole? I don't know. This should be made transparent somewhere. I suspect the awards offices should know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Threesisters said:

Perhaps so many CGS-D are given per committee and per university? That way one person's biases cannot impact the whole? I don't know. This should be made transparent somewhere. I suspect the awards offices should know?

I'm from UofA and have not heard back yet either.. Going crazy! Emailed my department chair on Friday but still no reply...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are most people who still don't have results from committee 4? I've heard nothing but the rest of my cohort has - I'm in committee 4 (clinical psychology). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, lolplsfundme said:

Are most people who still don't have results from committee 4? I've heard nothing but the rest of my cohort has - I'm in committee 4 (clinical psychology). 

still waiting and I'm also committee 4 (I think!) as my proposal was psychology focused but also fit under public policy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lolplsfundme said:

Are most people who still don't have results from committee 4? I've heard nothing but the rest of my cohort has - I'm in committee 4 (clinical psychology). 

I think I'm also committee 4 (counselling/social psych). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Threesisters said:

Perhaps so many CGS-D are given per committee and per university? That way one person's biases cannot impact the whole? I don't know. This should be made transparent somewhere. I suspect the awards offices should know?

I think the competition statistics on the SSHRC website show how many CGS-D and fellowships are awarded to each university,  discipline and subcommittee, although I could be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the UofA had 15 CGS-D's last year but I do not recollect committees. I am 2nd year so my last for eligibility. Did not apply for SSHRC last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.