Jump to content

SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok but BRIGHTSIDE: we don’t have to wait for snail mail. 🙌

Just received CGS-D! Posted in the portal with no email. UofT, Committee 7521, 17.5/20. In the happiest state of shock.

Let's reframe - if we were not selected, we did not lose. We simply were not selected. It is like figure skating or any other judged event. There are political, social, cultural and personal biases th

Posted Images

Just now, Threesisters said:

I am a uni quota applicant - last name L - I have not received a link yet either. 

I'm uni quota last name C! Fingers crossed. I saw people from quebec and ontario uni quota have received theirs, but neither me nor my friend from Sask. have, maybe it's province now. LOL *sigh*

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SweetP said:

im in Quebec. Uni quota, nothing yet. 

 

i have high hopes as i was Vanier wait listed this year.. so i hoped SSCHR would work out.  but we'll see.

Alright so there is no rhyme or reason. Maybe by committee. Why am I obsessing it’s not like I don’t have anything else to do 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TurnLeft said:

Alright so there is no rhyme or reason. Maybe by committee. Why am I obsessing it’s not like I don’t have anything else to do 😂

Yeah I'm a quota applicant in Ontario and me and the other person nominated in my department haven't received any emails yet.

Edit: last name P, in case that matters.

Edited by displaynamesarehard
Link to post
Share on other sites

UofT, last name V, no link yet. Not terribly worried yet though - these online systems unfold in mysterious ways. Earlier this year I got system-notified about a scholarship from the Alberta government at 8pm on a weeknight. That was a different system of course but I wouldn’t be shocked if we receive links and subsequent results at unusual times.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, angrycrustacean said:

UofT, last name V, no link yet. Not terribly worried yet though - these online systems unfold in mysterious ways. Earlier this year I got system-notified about a scholarship from the Alberta government at 8pm on a weeknight. That was a different system of course but I wouldn’t be shocked if we receive links and subsequent results at unusual times.  

Yeah, the NSERC links were sent out into the early/later evening, so we may have some hours more to wait.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TurnLeft said:

I'm uni quota last name C! Fingers crossed. I saw people from quebec and ontario uni quota have received theirs, but neither me nor my friend from Sask. have, maybe it's province now. LOL *sigh*

I'm in Alberta, and submitted through the institution. Got the email 2 hours ago. Could be by institution? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SamsonWrote said:

I think this is a moment where you're kind to yourself and you don't work. Especially during a pandemic, I've realized that deadlines are flexible.

I have cleaned blinds, gone shopping for a orbital sander, only to find out it had no battery, went back to get the battery pack (both curbside pick up so no checking the product physically, got home, and realized I also need a separate charger. Sigh. I thought I would surprise my husband and sand our deck rails to prepare for staining but not at this cost! Unless I am successful of course 😉 Going for a walk now. Still in the Rockies and I have good clean air and tons of green around me 😉

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.