Jump to content
socal2bSLP

Portland State University Fall 2019 Cohort

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone! I recently just accepted my admissions offer to Portland State University. I'll be moving from the LA area, and I'm excited to meet the fall 2019 cohort! Is there a Facebook group for the incoming students? Also, if there are any previous PSU students, feel free to leave some advice for us! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard about a Facebook group yet! I have been thinking about emailing Erica soon because she said something about getting all of us in touch.

I am moving up to Portland from Reno, Nevada, so I'll need to make some friends. :) 

So excited to have finally found another PSU person! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 4:24 PM, Emily T. said:

I haven't heard about a Facebook group yet! I have been thinking about emailing Erica soon because she said something about getting all of us in touch.

I am moving up to Portland from Reno, Nevada, so I'll need to make some friends. :) 

So excited to have finally found another PSU person! 

I’ll be moving from Southern California!! Really excited to meet everyone :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 8:40 PM, socal2bSLP said:

Hi everyone! I recently just accepted my admissions offer to Portland State University. I'll be moving from the LA area, and I'm excited to meet the fall 2019 cohort! Is there a Facebook group for the incoming students? Also, if there are any previous PSU students, feel free to leave some advice for us! 

 

 

If you don't mind me asking, what made you accept Portland instead of one of the SoCal programs? I figured cheaper tuition would make you lean more towards CSULB or CSUF. I'd like to hear you opinion as I am a bit torn between 2 programs right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2019 at 10:54 PM, Craftyspeechie said:

If you don't mind me asking, what made you accept Portland instead of one of the SoCal programs? I figured cheaper tuition would make you lean more towards CSULB or CSUF. I'd like to hear you opinion as I am a bit torn between 2 programs right now.

It was mainly their bilingual program that was a deciding factor for me and also their study abroad trip to Ecuador. Traveling abroad and providing services to other countries has always been one of my passions. Although PSU is more expensive, I knew that I’d regret it if I didn’t go. PSU also has a variety of different clinics for their grad students, like telepractice fluency clinic and a dysphasia clinic. Also, when asking around about CSULB, I didn’t really hear many good things about it, and their program is going through a lot of changes. I attended CSUF for my undergrad, and although I loved the program here, i really wanted a new environment and experience. CSUF and CSULB are much cheaper, but I had to think about what my professional goals were and which program was going to help me achieve those. Each program has their special aspect!

Edited by socal2bSLP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! I don't know if this is allowed but I live in NE Portland right now, about 15 minute drive from campus. 45 minute bike ride. I'm going to Maryland for grad school so we're trying to find someone to do a lease takeover! I'd be happy to send more pictures and talk further if anyone is looking for something.

It's a one bedroom, one bath, 1444 a month. Pet friendly. Building is called grant park village. They still have openings but we got a reduced rate so we have an 800 square foot apartment for a lower price than they're going for now. Walking distance to one of the nation's top tiki bar, Hale Pele :). Shoot me an email aterhune@pdx.edu 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.