Sign in to follow this  
ccc333

Can two people sign a recommendation letter?

I am working as a research assistant and my PI is a Senior Lecturer and Consultant Psychiatrist but the chief investigator of the study is a professor and more well known in the field. However, I have much more contact with my PI than the CI. The CI is also very busy and I'm not sure if he would have time to submit my recommendation letters.

I was going to ask if the CI could co sign the recommendation letter but I wasn't sure if this is allowed?

Edited by ccc333

1 hour ago, psyche132 said:

I had two recommendation letters that were co-signed. I am attending this fall! 

Thanks I didn't think it would be an issue as it is normal I guess to work on a project with two people, if anything it is an endorsement for what the main person is writing about you.

Edited by ccc333

I had two professors write a letter together and co-sign, because I had only taken one short class with each professor so neither felt they knew me well enough to write a letter independently, but together the felt that could comprehensively address my performance as a student.  I was accepted into 4 programs with that as one of my letters, so I don't think it's a problem.

Got a co-signed letter and am attending this fall. That should work fine.

Also got a co-signed letter that was primarily penned by the more established supervisor but a postdoc also contributed to it.