Jump to content

2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, gradlady said:

Hi there, I wish you the best of luck with everything, it seems like you are more than qualified to gain admissions and the waiting game is so stressful! I can tell you that I did a Skype interview with my POI at Queens in 2nd week of Jan. and I heard back yesterday that I will be doing another Skype interview with 2 other faculty. I also heard from my Ottawa POI this morning about a phone interview. I'm not sure about the other programs but I think there's still hope for Ottawa. I heard they do interviews between now and mid-Feb and different supervisors probably have slightly different timelines of when they offer interviews. Hope that helps a bit. 

Thank you!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got an email at 3:57 p.m. to check my grad portal for UAlberta.  Please confirm I'm not dreaming!?!  I got accepted into UAlberta's SCCP MEd program!!!!!  I'm SO happy!  I've been working toward this

Got my official offer via email today for UCalgary's MSc in School & Applied Child Psych!  The deadline to accept is March 7, so I do hope I hear from UAlberta and OISE before then, so I can make

The start of another week... I am so hoping for some good news this week for all of us! If you're feeling frustrated, down on yourself, swirling in self-doubt, and constantly wondering if you're "good

Posted Images

10 hours ago, PSY20 said:

I haven't heard yet or seen anyone post that they have. Fingers crossed we will hear something soon!!

I think it’s important to remember we’re interviewing these grad schools as much as they’re interviewing us.  The application fee for OISE was easily the highest fee I had to pay, the timeline was the earliest out of all the programs I applied to, and the school has had our applications for almost three months now.  If they are planning on conducting interviews (or even if they’re not planning on doing them), I think it’s very reasonable to expect a shortlist could be developed in a three-month span, so I do hope someone hears something soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VanessaB said:

I think it’s important to remember we’re interviewing these grad schools as much as they’re interviewing us.  The application fee for OISE was easily the highest fee I had to pay, the timeline was the earliest out of all the programs I applied to, and the school has had our applications for almost three months now.  If they are planning on conducting interviews (or even if they’re not planning on doing them), I think it’s very reasonable to expect a shortlist could be developed in a three-month span, so I do hope someone hears something soon!

Definitely! Couldn't agree more. I think it is more than reasonable to expect to  have a shortlist by now considering applications were due Nov. 15. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Refreshing_my_email said:

Hi!!! Has anyone heard back from University of Victoria following interviews? 

I'm still waiting! My POI said they would let me know if I was waitlisted if I didn't receive an offer and I haven't heard anything yet. They did say decisions were going to be made by Friday (yesterday). I'm not sure if that was pushed back for whatever reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else get an email from Ryerson about a new faculty member joining and taking graduate students? It says the email is "going out to a subset of applicants to Ryerson’s clinical program". I wonder what determined who got the email. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, orchid72 said:

Did anyone else get an email from Ryerson about a new faculty member joining and taking graduate students? It says the email is "going out to a subset of applicants to Ryerson’s clinical program". I wonder what determined who got the email. 

what is the prof's area of research?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cascadia said:

I'm still waiting! My POI said they would let me know if I was waitlisted if I didn't receive an offer and I haven't heard anything yet. They did say decisions were going to be made by Friday (yesterday). I'm not sure if that was pushed back for whatever reason.

I emailed the grad secretary on Thursday and she said they would begin sending out offers within the next week

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

I emailed the grad secretary on Thursday and she said they would begin sending out offers within the next week

also just saw someone posted in the results section that they got an offer from UVic yesterday :o - whoever that is, would you mind messaging me your POI?? Thanks! (and congrats!!!!)

Edited by ClinPsyc20
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, orchid72 said:

Did anyone else get an email from Ryerson about a new faculty member joining and taking graduate students? It says the email is "going out to a subset of applicants to Ryerson’s clinical program". I wonder what determined who got the email. 

Yes, I received this as well. I also received an email this morning asking me to write a 150 word statement on why my research interests align with hers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aspiring_Grey_Area said:

Yes, I received this as well. I also received an email this morning asking me to write a 150 word statement on why my research interests align with hers. 

Did they ask for that after you contacted them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Quicksilver25 said:

With the UCalgary open house now finished, does anyone know when offers of admission are supposed to start going out?

It should be about a week or maybe two. 

I went to the open house a few years ago for my experimental psych degree. I heard back about being admitted exactly a week after the open house. However, this was for the experimental program, not clinical, so it might take longer for clinical although I imagine it won't be too much longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Quicksilver25 said:

With the UCalgary open house now finished, does anyone know when offers of admission are supposed to start going out?

If you are extended an offer, you will likely hear back in the next 10 days or so! Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Psych 123 said:

No but my friend did. Her application is still under review!

Mine in still under review too.  I was (and I guess still am) curious because based on the results page some people started to hear back in February in previous years, so I’m still 🤞🙏!

When I spoke with the grad secretary about admission stats during my application process, they said last year the program took around 7/100 applicants, so I’m hopeful, but struggling with trying not to get my hopes up too much.  I’m sure many others can relate to that last sentiment.

Edited by VanessaB
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VanessaB said:

Mine in still under review too.  I was (and I guess still am) curious because based on the results page some people started to hear back in February in previous years, so I’m still 🤞🙏!

When I spoke with the grad secretary about admission stats during my application process, they said last year the program took around 7/100 applicants, so I’m hopeful, but struggling with trying not to get my hopes up too much.  I’m sure many others can relate to that last sentiment.

Yeah the sccp program is very competitive but don't worry it's still very early! Hearing nothing from them is actually good it means your application is strong :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.