2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got an email at 3:57 p.m. to check my grad portal for UAlberta.  Please confirm I'm not dreaming!?!  I got accepted into UAlberta's SCCP MEd program!!!!!  I'm SO happy!  I've been working toward this

Got my official offer via email today for UCalgary's MSc in School & Applied Child Psych!  The deadline to accept is March 7, so I do hope I hear from UAlberta and OISE before then, so I can make

The start of another week... I am so hoping for some good news this week for all of us! If you're feeling frustrated, down on yourself, swirling in self-doubt, and constantly wondering if you're "good

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, sunflowxr said:

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone's heard from the following schools: 

UTSC clinical 

McGill Clinical 

OISE Clinical (either children or the generic) 

Based on the results page it looks like some got an offer from UTSC (not sure if they've finished sending out all 1st round offers yet though)

3 hours ago, Penguin321 said:

I received an very generic email from someone in graduate studies at Queen's about a webinar. I haven't heard anything from my POI since before I submitted my application and I know others have received interviews, so i'm like 90% sure im rejected. Is this just a general email that all CGS-M applicants for Queen's get,regardless of application status (I haven't been declined, but also nothing else has happened)? 

EDIT: also, should I follow up with my POI? This is my first time applying, so I'm not sure if it's acceptable or not. We did share a few emails back and forth in October but nothing crazy. 

I applied to CGS-M at Queen's and got the email too. Last week I got an email rejection after the first round of interviews from the professor I applied to. I haven't received an official rejection from the school yet. 

10 hours ago, Yeye said:

For our purposes, it means the same thing 😕

But it does mean that it wasn't necessarily that your application wasn't strong enough, just that there wasn't a good fit with the professors recruiting students this cycle. Were you in touch with a prof before applying?

I see. Oh well, it meas at least someone more suitable will find their places in the school so that's good :)
Well, I tried contacting them but haven't heard anything back... maybe it didn't go well from the first step...!

7 minutes ago, VanessaB said:

Has anyone received any updates about UAlberta’s SCCP MEd program?  I see the counselling program has started sending out notifications.

Haven't heard from SCCP Alberta yet!

52 minutes ago, SoundofSilence said:

oh? so is Ottawa already done making decisions?

Hmm, unfortunately I'm not sure, but they are certainly in the process of finalizing things based on the information I got. I encourage you to follow up with your POI if you've been corresponding or speaking with them. It sucked finding out I was out of the running but it is better than waiting!