Jump to content
Leafway

2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Recommended Posts

I received an official acceptance to McMaster RCT late last week and have released my offer to UWindsor Neuropsych. I hope somebody who applied here gets it! If anybody else headed to McMaster wants to get in touch, please feel free to send me a message!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my official letter of acceptance today from Mcgill Counselling Psych (Project). I accepted shortly after and am happy this waiting game is over!

if anyone else is going to Mcgill, please feel free to contact me to connect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Leashy said:

Received my official letter of acceptance today from Mcgill Counselling Psych (Project). I accepted shortly after and am happy this waiting game is over!

if anyone else is going to Mcgill, please feel free to contact me to connect.

Congrats! Where else have you applied? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hell0 said:

I am also wondering about this :)

Me too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, incognit0 said:

Congrats! Where else have you applied? 

I applied to UA, UC, Guelph MFT, and Western.

I was waitlisted at UA, UC and Guelph and had an interview next week at Western that I told them I wouldn't be coming to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Leashy said:

I applied to UA, UC, Guelph MFT, and Western.

I was waitlisted at UA, UC and Guelph and had an interview next week at Western that I told them I wouldn't be coming to.

I have an interview for Western and wait listed at the University of Calgary as well. I haven't heard anything from Mcgill so I'm assuming I've been rejected there (no interview and no updates on the site). Oddly I got an internal scholarship to go to the University of Calgary which is super confusing. Hoping I get in there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, incognit0 said:

I have an interview for Western and wait listed at the University of Calgary as well. I haven't heard anything from Mcgill so I'm assuming I've been rejected there (no interview and no updates on the site). Oddly I got an internal scholarship to go to the University of Calgary which is super confusing. Hoping I get in there. 

I also got that scholarship from UCalgary with being waitlisted. I felt very confused as well. If you want to PM me I can let you know who my POI was if that interests you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I saw someone on social media had been officially offered a spot at uOttawa so I'm assuming I've been waitlisted based on my online status saying under evaluation still. Anyone hear from Sask? I know they tend to be late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Yeye said:

I received an official acceptance to McMaster RCT late last week and have released my offer to UWindsor Neuropsych. I hope somebody who applied here gets it! If anybody else headed to McMaster wants to get in touch, please feel free to send me a message!

Can I ask who your POI was?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Leashy said:

Received my official letter of acceptance today from Mcgill Counselling Psych (Project). I accepted shortly after and am happy this waiting game is over!

if anyone else is going to Mcgill, please feel free to contact me to connect.

Congratulations! Did you have an interview for this program? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got news from my POI that I won't be getting an offer at Concordia in the Clinical program since my application is not considered for funding and unfortunately he doesn't have any funding of his own either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KB23 said:

Congratulations! Did you have an interview for this program? 

I did. It was in late January

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yogipsych said:

I just got news from my POI that I won't be getting an offer at Concordia in the Clinical program since my application is not considered for funding and unfortunately he doesn't have any funding of his own either. 

Sorry to hear that. Any chance of getting in somewhere else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, 

Did anyone receive an offer from OISE Clinical and Counselling MA Program? And if so, would you mind DMing me if you plan to reject? I am on the waitlist and wondering if I still have a chance. 

Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Now What said:

Sorry to hear that. Any chance of getting in somewhere else?

I'm still waiting to hear from some French schools in Quebec! We'll see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Leashy said:

I applied to UA, UC, Guelph MFT, and Western.

I was waitlisted at UA, UC and Guelph and had an interview next week at Western that I told them I wouldn't be coming to.

Congrats! Do you mind DM me the initials of the POI for Guelph? When did you have the interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cachalot said:

Congrats! Do you mind DM me the initials of the POI for Guelph? When did you have the interview?

I actually only applied to guelph for CFT not clinical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gradlady said:

Hi everyone, 

Did anyone receive an offer from OISE Clinical and Counselling MA Program? And if so, would you mind DMing me if you plan to reject? I am on the waitlist and wondering if I still have a chance. 

Thanks so much!

Did they email you the notification of waitlist or was it on the SGS portal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, falken1492 said:

Did they email you the notification of waitlist or was it on the SGS portal?

I emailed them to ask about the status of my application. They did not notify me in any way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Hope you are hanging in this week. I need your thoughts...I know it can be a good idea to update programs when we get certain scholarships. What about new work experience specific in clinical psychology and being bumped to primary author on a paper including a conference presentation. This has all happened since I submitted my application. I am still in the running for a few programs and wondering if its worth updating my PI? Help! Thanks! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, OnThePath01 said:

Hi everyone! Hope you are hanging in this week. I need your thoughts...I know it can be a good idea to update programs when we get certain scholarships. What about new work experience specific in clinical psychology and being bumped to primary author on a paper including a conference presentation. This has all happened since I submitted my application. I am still in the running for a few programs and wondering if its worth updating my PI? Help! Thanks! :) 

Honestly, I wouldn't. Updating about scholarships makes sense because departments only have a certain amount of funding, which limits the amount of students they can take in a given year. Getting a scholarship may mean they don't have to worry about finding money for you that year. While getting more experience and a first authorship is GREAT, it doesn't change the funding situation for the programs you're waitlisted at.

Just my opinion, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 8:58 AM, Psych_hopefulx said:

Anyone know anything about Saskatchewan post-interview? 

I haven't heard anything yet. I know I was told that they would send out the first round of offers by April 1.. I haven't heard anything since my interview in very early January.. It seems like a long time to wait. May I ask who your POI is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sundaythecat said:

I haven't heard anything yet. I know I was told that they would send out the first round of offers by April 1.. I haven't heard anything since my interview in very early January.. It seems like a long time to wait. May I ask who your POI is?

I agree that it is late, especially considering that the deadline for making a decision is April 15th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE: I got no interviews from any of the schools I applied to, and got rejected from 4/5 of them (officially). I don't understand what went wrong, but I suspect that it was my SOP. Looking into master's degrees in Europe now while trying not to cry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.