Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jm6394 said:

Yeah, I applied to English & women’s studies and haven’t heard anything

My understanding is that that program generally responds somewhat later. Best of luck to you, the cohorts are very, very small. 

Michigan posts their admissions statistics each year under Rackham's statistics page. The three English programs are listed separately. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That would be me. My first acceptance and I’m thrilled.

just got my Michigan offer. 6 years funding. Fuck. 

IN AT YALE!!!  IM GOING TO LOSE MY MIND I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, WanYesOnly said:

Long time lurker here joining in on the conversations. Anyone waiting on Cornell? Any ideas on when to expect results? Last year they seemed to do it over Valentine's day, so maybe my heart will be crushed on that day or maybe not. Hoping for the best!

Same boat here - Cornell English. Most of my schools seem to notify around Feb 14-15, which will make for the worst "will they-won't they" tension ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Deleuze said:

Any updated information on whats going on with Duke Literature? Is it just assumed that if you've heard nothing you're out at this point?

Also: Any information on the Penn State acceptances available?

Congrats everyone who has heard back with good news! Solidarity with those still waiting.

I'm happy to share a little more about the Penn State offer I received! Was there anything specific you were curious about?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard from University of Toronto's Cinema Studies Institute? From previous years' records, looks like they'll be rolling out decisions some time next week but I was wondering if anyone heard from them already. Mine is still Under Review. Sorry if this isn't the right place, couldn't find the category.

Edited by mickeys
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 10:20 AM, hamnet in tights said:

My understanding is that that program generally responds somewhat later. Best of luck to you, the cohorts are very, very small. 

Michigan posts their admissions statistics each year under Rackham's statistics page. The three English programs are listed separately. 

 

My expectations are so low but I’ve always been right at that overlap so it felt like I had to give it a shot! Really curious how many applications they got this year, I know they only take 2-3. 

 

On 2/7/2020 at 11:01 AM, Shakespeares Sister said:

I'm still waiting to hear back from many schools.

Same here— I’ve only heard from 1/9. Wish this process were slightly less chaotic!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mickeys said:

Anyone heard from University of Toronto's Cinema Studies Institute? From previous years' records, looks like they'll be rolling out decisions some time next week but I was wondering if anyone heard from them already. Mine is still Under Review. Sorry if this isn't the right place, couldn't find the category.

I applied there too and heard nothing so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, undercaffeinated said:

I'm happy to share a little more about the Penn State offer I received! Was there anything specific you were curious about?

Ah! Congratulations!! So exciting.

Thanks for following up as well.

I suppose you probably wont have direct access to this information given that you were simply notified, but did the dgs happen to mention anything about whether they will be doing a mass admit or a staggered, case by case admissions process over the coming weeks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deleuze said:

Ah! Congratulations!! So exciting.

Thanks for following up as well.

I suppose you probably wont have direct access to this information given that you were simply notified, but did the dgs happen to mention anything about whether they will be doing a mass admit or a staggered, case by case admissions process over the coming weeks

Unfortunately the DGS did not. 😕 Anything on my part would be pure conjecture.

Based on past years, it does look like they release many admissions around this time, and then a few here and there as time goes on... I imagine because people decline offers, but then, I have no real idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CanadianEnglish said:

I’m confused as well - it seems like a couple of my schools are doing a couple admit or reject a day. Maybe schools are adapting the “sending out information in waves” strategy? Pitt, Penn, Michigan, and now Brandeis have all released just some news, but not to every student yet. Just frustrating being in the dark of it all. But the poster said it was a generic email so maybe there’s hope for us since we didn’t get it? I’m assuming Brandeis will contact more people tomorrow since they’ve sent out news the first week of February for the past couple years. 

If you'd like any info from me about my Pitt offer, I'd be happy to share! Just send me a PM. I would guess no explicit rejection is a good thing since other people received rejections

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to the Yale admits--what incredible news!

My news of the day is that I've finally received the ol' heave-ho from Carnegie Mellon, which I'd been expecting for a while. Hoping the CMU waitlists on the board (I know there are a few of you) get some good news from them soon--it seems like a great program, and PIttsburgh is an awesome city.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized there are funded MA programs with deadlines left (I'm looking at you, Villanova). I am now about to embark on a not-so-rushed process to apply for some. I'm using a previous thread to guide me, but if anyone has off the top of their heads, funded MA programs without past deadlines, let me know please! I am totally adapting my original plans some. It may not be too late to try.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Puurple said:

I just realized there are funded MA programs with deadlines left (I'm looking at you, Villanova). I am now about to embark on a not-so-rushed process to apply for some. I'm using a previous thread to guide me, but if anyone has off the top of their heads, funded MA programs without past deadlines, let me know please! I am totally adapting my original plans some. It may not be too late to try.

UNC Wilmington's MA program offers funded teaching assistantships to select applicants, and their priority deadline isn't until March 15. Georgia State also offers funding in the form of writing studio work for first year MA students and teaching assistantships for second year MA students, and their deadline is on February 15. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.