Taking online post bacc courses improves your chance of getting into that same school's MS program?

I was ready to go ahead and sign up for Cal State San Marcos' online post bacc program, but now I'm wondering if I should be taking classes at a school that has an online MS program (since San Marcos' actual MS program is not online.)

I live in CA, but for family reasons I'll need a mostly online format. From what I can see there seem to be about only 10-15 MS programs...

1) Would it make a difference if I chose one of these schools for my post bacc courses? That way when I am ready to apply for the MS program I have a better shot?

2) Does anyone know anything about post bacc or MS program at Cal State San Marcos?

Thanks!

No, most of the school's websites will say that completing a post-bacc program does not guarantee admissions into the master's program. Northridge is the only online program that I know of thus far that will automatically accept you into their online masters program if you complete their online post-bacc program. 

I took the post-bacc program through San Marcos and it was biggest regret of my life. The professors aren't very supportive and personally it was a waste of money for me. I am currently in the second bachelor's program through ENMU and its been great, so that might be an option you can look into as well. I personally feel like if I need to take all of the prereq courses, I might as well take a few more classes and earn a second degree vs. a certificate of completion, but to each its own. However, I know that Baylor, Emerson, and NYU have fully online master's programs that will offer you the prereqs as apart of your graduate study. Best of luck to you on your journey!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 12:26 AM, SP.3 said:

No, most of the school's websites will say that completing a post-bacc program does not guarantee admissions into the master's program. Northridge is the only online program that I know of thus far that will automatically accept you into their online masters program if you complete their online post-bacc program. 

I took the post-bacc program through San Marcos and it was biggest regret of my life. The professors aren't very supportive and personally it was a waste of money for me. I am currently in the second bachelor's program through ENMU and its been great, so that might be an option you can look into as well. I personally feel like if I need to take all of the prereq courses, I might as well take a few more classes and earn a second degree vs. a certificate of completion, but to each its own. However, I know that Baylor, Emerson, and NYU have fully online master's programs that will offer you the prereqs as apart of your graduate study. Best of luck to you on your journey!

Ah I really wish I saw this earlier, today's the first day of the program. Still, that's good to know and I'll try to make the best of it. Thanks for the info, much appreciated!