Hey y'all! With the process of MFA directing applications around the corner I thought it'd be good to go ahead and open this space up. I'm still on the fence about applications myself, want to make sure it's logistically/financially feasible, plus make sure I'm in the right headspace and ready for it. To wait or not to wait..

How's everybody feeling?

Also, random, but I'm trying to get a sense of other directors' websites, what's highlighted, what's not, etc. Anyone willing to share their url? Would love to take a look if you're willing to share! I'm ruthevelynallen.com.

Sending peace, love, and good vibes!

I'm on the fence about applying this year.  Mostly because of financial factors -- even though I plan on only applying for programs with assistantships/funding, I still would like to be closer to being debt free. At the same time, I feel a time crunch based on the fact that the longer I remain in my arts admin job at a larger theatre the more likely someone is going to be to say "Hey, why aren't you just pursuing that field more seriously instead?"

It would also be my first year applying, which is scary to me, but I know I have to jump off that cliff sooner or later.

@ruthev, I'll PM you my website. I'd definitely love your thoughts on it, too, as I've decided that this week I'm going to really try and get it and my resume updated in case I do bite the bullet and decide to submit this year.

Hey! I'm applying for the first time this year and feel like a fish out of water...I'm only a few years out of undergrad, but this is a good time for me to look into grad programs as my partner is about to graduate from law school and we won't be tied down to any particular location. 

I've done a lot of self-produced work in the past two years and I don't have a lot of great documentation, but I try to keep up my website as best as I can (www.kathevbrown.com.) 

I'm also blogging about my experiences so far. I'm probably being ambitious with the amount of schools I've applied for- I just have no idea what to expect!

thanks @ruthev for getting this started!

I am gearing up to apply this year. I applied three years ago and got some interviews, but wasn't accepted into any programs. Obviously I was disappointed, but I went into it looking for a learning opportunity and I definitely got it! I spent those three years working on myself and my craft and I feel a lot more confident coming into it this year (for now anyway - I know I am going to be a panicy mess by the time I start submitting applications, yeesh).

I am looking forward to connecting with everyone through Grad Cafe. It was a great resource last time for pointers and support. I am excited to get help and be helpful!

(In the past I have seen people caution towards anonymity on this forum, but I am not 100% sure why. If anyone has any thoughts about that I'd love to hear them. In the mean time here is my website. www.seveisaacs.com )

Hows it going? I'm preparing to apply for mfa directing program in South Korea. I applied 2 years ago and got few interviews but I wasn't accepted into anywhere. However, I have worked as a director and producer in South Korea after the fail and I think, I'm ready to challenge again!

I wish to find someone who want to share information or tip with other. If you want to talk with me, Do not hesitate, please send e-mail to soongil0119@gmail.com. 

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, KillerWingfield said:

Hey @Soongil_Lee! Welcome aboard. Good luck in South Korea! That's very exciting.

Thank you! I hope you achieve your goal!

Hi friends,

Quick question about Yale: I was wondering if any of you out there know specifics about how much financial assistance they offer. From what I gather they offer scholarships but they are not fully-funded. How much do the scholarships usually cover? I'm also an international student and sometimes that limits the scholarships I'm eligible for so I'm just trying to get a feel for the financial situation before I look into applying. Thanks!