Canadian 2020 Fall Start (Spring 2020 Application) MPA/MPPA Thread: Info, Stats, Etc.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks so much.   I considered just messaging you, but maybe this could help other future applicants browsing this thread.  Work and volunteering, etc.:  I actually don't have a lot of

I've just received an acceptance from Carleton!! I will be receiving 15,000$ in funding. Yesterday, my status changed from Recommended for assessment to Review by graduate faculty. I got a response 24

Eyo! Carleton’s sending decisions already!  I got an email before 5AM Ottawa time today. With TA-ship, they’re offering nearly $35k total! I am floored! 

Hi everyone!

For those of you who were accepted to Queens,  have you heard back yet about funding? My acceptance said that I would be contacted at a later date, but I have yet to hear about it so I am curious if it is just me. 

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a response, and good luck to those waiting still!

9 minutes ago, bp63 said:

Hi everyone!

For those of you who were accepted to Queens,  have you heard back yet about funding? My acceptance said that I would be contacted at a later date, but I have yet to hear about it so I am curious if it is just me. 

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a response, and good luck to those waiting still!

Mine said the same thing, I fear they'll only say something about it once you accept which would be difficult for me. I'm a Quebec applicant though, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. 

Edited by educatedkitkat
5 minutes ago, educatedkitkat said:

Mine said the same thing, I fear they'll only say something about it once you accept which would be difficult for me. I'm a Quebec applicant though, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. 

I figured that as well from looking at other threads from years past. I know its not the School of Policy Studies that grants it but the Graduate studies department itself, so I could see why they're being stingy on the front end (not to sound ungrateful lol). 

Ill let you know if I hear anything further!

43 minutes ago, Canadampp said:

I've just received an acceptance from Carleton!! I will be receiving 15,000$ in funding. Yesterday, my status changed from Recommended for assessment to Review by graduate faculty. I got a response 24hrs after the status change. I hope you all hear some good news in the upcoming weeks!!

Congrats!! My app was changed from review by department to review by the Faculty doctoral affairs 3 days ago and now I’m getting slightly concerned about my placing.

Hopefully I can have you as a classmate this fall!

Just received an acceptance email from carleton for the mppa program this fall, 16k in funding over the two years. I honestly thought i wouldn't get in due to average grades (cgpa of 3.24/4.3, L2 of 3.6) and little extracurricular involvement in my undergrad or relevant work experience. To anyone out there feeling doubtful, keep your heads up and give it some time, I have a friend who got in last year around May. Good luck to everyone and I hope to meet some of you this fall.

9 hours ago, wevan980 said:

Congrats on everyone's acceptances so far! I'm getting nervous that my application isn't under review yet! 

Me too. I'm telling myself that I shouldn't worry too much, considering I got my acceptance from Queens and McGill (for another MA program) but I am missing the econ prereq (I only took macroecnomics in a CEGEP course 5 years ago). 

3 hours ago, educatedkitkat said:

Me too. I'm telling myself that I shouldn't worry too much, considering I got my acceptance from Queens and McGill (for another MA program) but I am missing the econ prereq (I only took macroecnomics in a CEGEP course 5 years ago). 

I'm somewhat in the same boat. I completed the two economics courses with lower marks and I'm in the process of going through getting a higher mark right now. I'm hoping that's not the reason why I haven't gotten an update either.