Jump to content
speech2020

2020 Canadian SLP Thread

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, SLP-2020 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, did you just get your email or was it this morning? :) And congratulations on your acceptance! :D

I got it this morning around 11am (mountain time), but didn't check my email till like an hour ago. And thank you so much!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CSD said:

I was accepted to the U of A as well! Congratulations to everyone. All the hard work paid off!

Congratulations! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tulipz said:

To those wondering about the transcript, I was confused too. I emailed Vicky and mentioned that I had no transcript update prompt and she said it was just for people who didn't include a transcript with grading scales/up-to-date transcripts so I didn't need to upload one! So I think that if you don't get the email on the portal, then you're fine! 

Oh, yeah I can see that now. Cause the wording was "check to see if you received a prompt, if so then..." Thanks for clarifying that!

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year and the year before they told people they were accepted to McGill on the 14th. This year it's on a Saturday.. do we think they'll let people know on the 13th or 16th? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SLP2020!! said:

McGill sends out offers the Week of the 16th, I emailed them to ask!

You are amazing. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SLP2020!! said:

McGill sends out offers the Week of the 16th, I emailed them to ask!

If you dont mind me asking, what exactly did they say? Because when I had called, they said offers could be sent out (meaning they can call) as early as this week! 

Edited by SLPK2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SLPK2020 said:

If you dont mind me asking, what exactly did they say? Because when I had called, they said offers could be sent out (meaning they can call) as early as this week! 

I sent them an email and all they said was “offers are sent out the Week of the 16th”. But this was early last week so maybe things have changed and they’ll call people earlier. I hope they call us this week I’m getting impatient!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SLP2020!! said:

I sent them an email and all they said was “offers are sent out the Week of the 16th”. But this was early last week so maybe things have changed and they’ll call people earlier. I hope they call us this week I’m getting impatient!

Oh okay! Honestly anything is possible at this point. I hope they call this week too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2020 at 1:38 PM, hbgradschool said:

I also received an acceptance to U of A!! This feels crazy. Did anyone get the email requesting an extra transcript? 

I did! I am a little confused because I uploaded a photocopy of my official transcript from one institution, but they still requested one with 'a grading sheet'. I also only have the option to mail an official transcript from all 3 of my past colleges/universities. How are you submitting your transcripts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! I’m currently in first year at UBC for SLP. I know this thread can be extremely stressful in about a month or so when letters/emails are sent out. Just wanted to let you all know that whatever you receive, it’ll always work out no matter what. I was not accepted the first time I applied and I was devastated but came back last year even stronger and was actually happy to have breathing space in between undergrad classes and the masters program. 
That being said, if anyone wants advice or consoling or if you have any questions, just message me :) I also went to the UofT orientation thing and have the package so if you are accepted to UofT and live in Vancouver and can’t afford to get there I can send you the information about their program as well :) I will try to check this site every week so if I don’t reply right away it’s cuz I haven’t checked! 
 

Try not to stress. Be kind to yourself during this process and finish this semester strong! Best of luck to you all!! <3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SLP-2020 said:

Anyone hear back from Alberta today? Starting to get worried :( 

Nope 😕 I was waitlisted last year and they sent out waitlist spots the day after acceptances were sent out. I was hoping to hear something today.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EagerSpeechie2019 said:

Nope 😕 I was waitlisted last year and they sent out waitlist spots the day after acceptances were sent out. I was hoping to hear something today.. 

Someone had said they send acceptances in waves. I hope it’s true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also waitlisted last year and haven't heard anything yet! Really hoping they do send the acceptances in waves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got waitlisted at U of A. This is my fourth year applying here. Fingers crossed I get off the waitlist this time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SLPeh said:

Just got waitlisted at U of A. This is my fourth year applying here. Fingers crossed I get off the waitlist this time!

congrats on getting wait listed! crossing my fingers! did you get an email? who sends the email?

also for those of you who applied to ualberta and already have a ccid do they send it to your ualberta email or the email you applied with?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slpthings said:

congrats on getting wait listed! crossing my fingers! did you get an email? who sends the email?

also for those of you who applied to ualberta and already have a ccid do they send it to your ualberta email or the email you applied with?

 

Thank you! It was from Vicki, she sent it to my portal and I got a notification to the e-mail address I applied with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I also got waitlisted at U of A! I’m trying to remain hopeful :)  Anyone know an approximation of how many people waitlisted? 

Edited by SLP-2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SLP-2020 said:

I also got waitlisted at U of A! I’m trying to remain hopeful :)  Anyone know an approximation of how many people waitlisted? 

I've seen from previous forms its typically between 10-15 people. Hope you all hear back good news soon! ❤️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone for UofA had their portal update? I haven't received a letter through the portal yet, and I don't have the options to accept and decline the offer yet either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SpeechLP2020 said:

Has anyone for UofA had their portal update? I haven't received a letter through the portal yet, and I don't have the options to accept and decline the offer yet either. 

I received my acceptance through email yesterday and my portal hasn't updated yet either! It still says it is in "pre-screening". 

Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting!! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.