Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@SpeechLP2020 and @EagerSpeechie2019 thanks so much for your replies! I wasn't sure how that worked so it's a relief to know that if I do get waitlisted I'll know right away.  My guess is that

I'm so nervous! I'll let everyone know what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed 🙂🙂

Just got off the Western waitlist this morning! That means they’re into the second quadrant now for those who are still waiting! 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, slp12398 said:

This may be a long shot, but does anyone have any idea how many people are generally on the Western waitlist? Do you think that would be something they'd be willing to tell us if we asked? 

I meant to reply to here but, I heard there were around 100 people on the waitlist last year!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gradhopeful20 said:

Hey everybody congrats to all of the applicants! I know how difficult this whole process is so if you didn't get in this year keep going! It's so difficult to not take anything personally when you've worked so hard but if it's something you're passionate about keep at it and I'm wishing you the best :) 

I was wondering if anybody had any insight into McMaster's accreditation status. I know that they currently have candidacy status and that graduates of the SLP program can practice in Ontario and McMaster can apply for accreditation in April 2022. I'm wondering what this would mean if you would like to practice in another province or if they do not get accreditation? I'm planning on emailing them but I just wondered if anybody on this forum has any insight. Thanks in advance!!

Hey! I emailed them about this and this is the response I got. (It's pretty vague but I never ended up calling to learn more):

Students who graduate from our program, even now, can apply to work in any province. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss the process.

Kind regards,

Vanessa Killinger 
Program Coordinator
Speech-Language Pathology Program

 location: IAHS, Room 403
 phone: 9055259140 x 27344
 email: askSLP@mcmaster.ca 
 web: https://srs-mcmaster.ca/slp-admissions/

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JennSed said:

Hey! I emailed them about this and this is the response I got. (It's pretty vague but I never ended up calling to learn more):

Students who graduate from our program, even now, can apply to work in any province. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss the process.

Kind regards,

Vanessa Killinger 
Program Coordinator
Speech-Language Pathology Program

 location: IAHS, Room 403
 phone: 9055259140 x 27344
 email: askSLP@mcmaster.ca 
 web: https://srs-mcmaster.ca/slp-admissions/

Thanks so much for that info! Good to know :) I will follow up with them! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gradhopeful20 said:

Hey everybody congrats to all of the applicants! I know how difficult this whole process is so if you didn't get in this year keep going! It's so difficult to not take anything personally when you've worked so hard but if it's something you're passionate about keep at it and I'm wishing you the best :) 

I was wondering if anybody had any insight into McMaster's accreditation status. I know that they currently have candidacy status and that graduates of the SLP program can practice in Ontario and McMaster can apply for accreditation in April 2022. I'm wondering what this would mean if you would like to practice in another province or if they do not get accreditation? I'm planning on emailing them but I just wondered if anybody on this forum has any insight. Thanks in advance!!

I would suggest contacting the individual provincial SLP college for the province you are intending to work in to see if they will accept a degree from McMaster. I contacted the BC college last month and they said that students from McMaster can register to work in BC and they currently have SLPs working in BC right now who graduated from there. Hope that helps!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted at Western and waiting to hear from Dal! Hopefully they get back to us before the 24hour response for Western waitlist acceptances. 

Congrats to those who have been accepted! :)

 

Applications (SLP):  McMaster University, Western University, University of Toronto, Dalhousie University, McGill University
Accepted|Waitlisted|Rejected

Edited by wanna_be_SLP
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, s.slp said:

I would suggest contacting the individual provincial SLP college for the province you are intending to work in to see if they will accept a degree from McMaster. I contacted the BC college last month and they said that students from McMaster can register to work in BC and they currently have SLPs working in BC right now who graduated from there. Hope that helps!

Yes, very helpful thank you so much! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if Western will tell you if you are closer to the top or bottom or middle of the waiting list? I know they said they wouldn't tell you what position exactly but I've heard rumours that other years they tell you generally where you are? If it is actually 100 people on their wait list (like someone said in this group) they should really give us an idea of our chances/position 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, speech2020ana said:

Does anyone know if Western will tell you if you are closer to the top or bottom or middle of the waiting list? I know they said they wouldn't tell you what position exactly but I've heard rumours that other years they tell you generally where you are? If it is actually 100 people on their wait list (like someone said in this group) they should really give us an idea of our chances/position 😬

If you reach out to them, can you let us know what they say?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could anyone who has had to apply again give some advice on what do you with next year? I'm currently waitlisted at Western, but I feel like I have no game plan if I get rejected. I want to get relevant experience, but I also feel awful working minimum wage if I already have a degree 😕. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make the most of the year, please let me know! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.