GlobalHealthPhD2020

PhD Applicants: Fall 2020

anyone heard back after their interview with UNC Epi..? How long does it take to get a decision? Seems like they are sending acceptances one by one?

Edited by meatbao

7 minutes ago, Kendall1234 said:

I'm almost afraid to ask... But has anyone heard anything from UCLA? Based on past years, I thought we'd hear by the end of last week. /:

I actually just got an email that my application has been recommended for admission to the graduate division, so I'm guessing I'll get an official letter in the next week or so? I applied to the epidemiology department though, I'm not sure if the other departments are starting to release decisions or not yet!

Best of luck, I hope you hear good news soon!!

2 minutes ago, ms26 said:

I actually just got an email that my application has been recommended for admission to the graduate division, so I'm guessing I'll get an official letter in the next week or so? I applied to the epidemiology department though, I'm not sure if the other departments are starting to release decisions or not yet!

Best of luck, I hope you hear good news soon!!

Thanks! And congratulations! That's so fantastic! :)

On 2/3/2020 at 8:04 AM, MDMS2020 said:

What do you mean of “all”? Harvard current students or ALL? All tracks? Should we assume rejection if not heard anything? 🤦‍♂️

I wouldn't worry too much. If it were all students I am sure we would have seen updates on the results page. 

13 minutes ago, Soychorizo said:

I wouldn't worry too much. If it were all students I am sure we would have seen updates on the results page. 

I hope so. Thanks a lot for your positive energy. 🙏🏻

Is that one Columbia interview invitation on the results page stressing anyone else out or is it just me??

Just discovered this website/forum. Applied to Hopkins and Harvard epi/IH. International medical doctor working with the Ministry of Health in my home country as a clinical epidemiologist and health policy scientist for 3+ years. 

Have not heard anything back from Harvard yet. Had a few interactions with Hopkins IH folks. Not sure what is happening. WES took a long time to verify my credentials. 

Anxious, and losing hope  with every passing day... any advice?

Seems like a lot of programs in JHSPH have already sent out acceptances/rejections etc. 

I just recieved my official acceptance from Harvard. If anyone else on here did, DM me so we can celebrate.

To everyone else, I wish you so much luck in your applications. God has a plan for us all, and I hope everyone is admitted to a program that is a perfect fit. Keep hope. This was my second time applying for PhD programs.

1 minute ago, hopeful2020PhD said:

I just recieved my official acceptance from Harvard. If anyone else on here did, DM me so we can celebrate.

To everyone else, I wish you so much luck in your applications. God has a plan for us all, and I hope everyone is admitted to a program that is a perfect fit. Keep hope. This was my second time applying for PhD programs.

Congratulations!!

2 minutes ago, hopeful2020PhD said:

Well hopeful2020phd, congratulations. This is great news. Which program did you apply to?

13 minutes ago, hopeful2020PhD said:

Congratulations!!!

22 minutes ago, hopeful2020PhD said:

Congratulations!!! That's amazing!! I was waitlisted for my program, but I've heard it does move so that is good at least :)

22 minutes ago, hopeful2020PhD said:

OH MY GOSH CONGRATS!! This is so incredible, and gives all of us that are considering a second round of applications hope 🥰 I hope you are having a lovely time celebrating!!

30 minutes ago, hopeful2020PhD said:

WOW!!!! Congratulations!! That's amazing! And thank you for sharing such a positive message! Hearing about your experience just gave a little boost to all us (potential) round two'ers.

I am so glad your talent and tenacity were recognized and rewarded!!!

I hope others receive wonderful news this week :)

Going through all the posts in this thread... and realizing how naive and under prepared I have been this year...

On 1/17/2020 at 4:58 PM, GlobalHealthPhD2020 said:

(By magic) I just got an invite for a Skype interview with JHU for International Health! It was really personalized, so I think they’re going one by one for anyone waiting to hear from that program or potentially other JHU programs :) 

Wow. Please share more details about this, if possible. This is my top choice. Did you apply for IH health systems or IH GDEC?

3 hours ago, hopeful2020PhD said:

Congratulations! Hope you can make it out for the admitted students visit in the beginning of April!

1 hour ago, leafypoet said:

Congratulations everyone! I did not receive any notice from Harvard, which I will now take as a rejection. I truly did my best, though, so I'm happy with the effort I put in. :)

Me too! Received Nothing=~rejected!

I have transitioned from stress phase to confusion and numbness phase! 

But, I’m still dreaming about Harvard, mainly because of my interest in working with Prof. Mittleman in the CVD track. So sad to accept that It was just a one-sided love!

Edited by MDMS2020

Yay!! Congrats to everyone admitted to Harvard PHS! I was waitlisted for the SBS track. It seems like there were only a few people waitlisted per track (hence the email’s wording of a “short roster”?). But who knows.

Anyways, congrats on your official acceptances!

And for anyone else waiting to hear from the BSHS program at Brown (which is my top choice), we should hear back toward the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Best of luck, everyone! And stay positive!

5 hours ago, hopeful2020PhD said:

Congratulations!! If you don’t mind, could you tell us if your letter gave you a deadline for when you need to accept/decline your offer? I’m wondering how long I should wait until it’s time to give up hope for good. Thank you!

11 hours ago, MDMS2020 said:

Me too! Received Nothing=~rejected!

I have transitioned from stress phase to confusion and numbness phase! 

But, I’m still dreaming about Harvard, mainly because of my interest in working with Prof. Mittleman in the CVD track. So sad to accept that It was just a one-sided love!

Hey man, keep your chin up. If you can say that you put it all out there and did your best, then there's nothing else you could have done. I have my fingers crossed for you for Hopkins, which is also a wonderful program. I know that for me, I knew the writing was on the wall as soon as the 4 (!!!) professors who spoke to me during this whole process, all indicated (to varying degrees) that they did not know which program to put me in. To me this suggested that I may not have been a good fit for the program, and that's OK. :) I may end up crawling back into my medical residency (though having a pager stinks), and I feel blessed because I am more fortunate than 99.99999% than the world to have come so far. The students who did get into the program will go onto do great things, and this I am comforted by. 

Edited by leafypoet