GlobalHealthPhD2020

PhD Applicants: Fall 2020

On 2/27/2020 at 1:45 PM, hopeful2020PhD said:

Thank you, Ian! I committed to Harvard today and let my other program know I won't be attending.

Hi, 

I applied to the Health Policy -Managment Track (PhD). I haven't heard anything at all. Do you have any information about how the program rolls out decisions? I haven't heard anything at this point, so should I take it as a rejection?

9 minutes ago, FemHopeful2020 said:

Hi, 

I applied to the Health Policy -Managment Track (PhD). I haven't heard anything at all. Do you have any information about how the program rolls out decisions? I haven't heard anything at this point, so should I take it as a rejection?

I think so... I also haven't heard back from them after interview but I think that all offers are already sent out. 

1 hour ago, HSRPhD_2020 said:

Has anyone, who applied to any of the Northwestern HSIP tracks and attended an in-person interview, heard anything from the program (admit/reject/waitlist)? 

I'm considering offers from two other programs and at this point I want to hear something from Northwestern (even if it's bad news) so that I know whether or not to include them as I weigh my options. I checked the application portal and there were no updates there.

Thanks!

I interviewed there last month, and I haven't received a decision. I was hoping this would be the week! I'm leaning towards another program, but I want to know what my options are.

Hi everyone, 

Yes, Harvard Health Policy acceptances went out last Friday. You must be interviewed to get into the program. All rejections will go out this Friday, according to a contact in the program. I'm not sure about waitlists, sorry 😕 

15 hours ago, phd_2020 said:

I interviewed there last month, and I haven't received a decision. I was hoping this would be the week! I'm leaning towards another program, but I want to know what my options are.

i interviewed and havent heard back neither.

21 minutes ago, Soychorizo said:

Hi everyone, 

Yes, Harvard Health Policy acceptances went out last Friday. You must be interviewed to get into the program. All rejections will go out this Friday, according to a contact in the program. I'm not sure about waitlists, sorry 😕 

Interesting, thank you for letting us know. 

Posted (edited)

For what it's worth, I interviewed for Health Policy (Management) a few weeks ago and have not heard anything back either. What's interesting to me is that this track had an interview notification that was a week later than that posted in the results section for another track...not sure if that could be the case for acceptances as well or not.

Edited by Hpmphd2020

19 hours ago, EPIPHDFALL2020 said:

Has anyone heard back on admissions from Irvine Epidemiology PhD?

Or heard funding information for Arizona or Oregon State?

I reached out to one of the professors last week, and they told me that it could be a couple more weeks and that they were still in the process of considering people. 

On 3/2/2020 at 12:46 PM, Anik_91 said:

Got accepted to UNC HPM and waiting to hear about the exact funding scheme (it's guaranteed for 2 years). Likely to accept, but the problem is that my wife got accepted to a different university. It's either we go together and one of is PhD-less, or we go to two different schools and spend years in a distance relationship... So if you have been in this situation or know someone with the same experience, would love to hear from you. Even if you haven't, still welcome your opinion. :) 

My partner and I are going through the same thing, except we have a three year old! Makes things a bit difficult. :)

22 hours ago, EPIPHDFALL2020 said:

Has anyone heard back on admissions from Irvine Epidemiology PhD?

Or heard funding information for Arizona or Oregon State?

For Arizona, you need to set up a meeting with Chris Tisch, the Assistant Dean for Student and Alumni Affairs. Were you accepted into the Epi program?

22 hours ago, phd_2020 said:

For all the Northwestern HSIP Peeps, I was waitlisted for the interviews and still haven't heard anything back.  It's my first choice, but has put me in a rather uncomfortable position while considering other options.  I wonder why it is taking so long to hear anything.  If anybody is bold enough to call and ask about decisions, please share what you learn :)  thx ❤️

36 minutes ago, midwesternbelle said:

For all the Northwestern HSIP Peeps, I was waitlisted for the interviews and still haven't heard anything back.  It's my first choice, but has put me in a rather uncomfortable position while considering other options.  I wonder why it is taking so long to hear anything.  If anybody is bold enough to call and ask about decisions, please share what you learn :)  thx ❤️

I have my fingers crossed for you, midwesternbelle. :)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Hpmphd2020 said:

For what it's worth, I interviewed for Health Policy (Management) a few weeks ago and have not heard anything back either. What's interesting to me is that this track had an interview notification that was a week later than that posted in the results section for another track...not sure if that could be the case for acceptances as well or not.

If you're talking about Harvard, they were very clear with me that all acceptances have gone out, and rejections will follow soon after. Not sure about waitlists. 

Edited by Soychorizo

5 minutes ago, Soychorizo said:

If you're talking about Harvard, they were very clear with me that all acceptances have gone out, and rejections will follow soon after. Not sure about waitlists. 

Received my Harvard rejection about an hour ago. Expected.

1 hour ago, mchph said:

My partner and I are going through the same thing, except we have a three year old! Makes things a bit difficult. :)

It must be so hard to make this decision with a kid. Good luck and whatever decision you make, I am sure it's going to be the right one - life just works out. At least, that's what I am thinking right now about our own decision. 

3 hours ago, midwesternbelle said:

Hi! I interviewed at Northwestern HSIP last month and received a call this evening that I got accepted. I was told that the official decision letter and packet will be emailed in the next couple of days. I hope this helps! 

1 hour ago, phd93 said:

Hi! I interviewed at Northwestern HSIP last month and received a call this evening that I got accepted. I was told that the official decision letter and packet will be emailed in the next couple of days. I hope this helps! 

Congratulations! May I ask which track did you apply for? 

44 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Congratulations! May I ask which track did you apply for? 

Thank you! I applied for the Health and Biomedical Informatics track.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:21 AM, 0102030405 said:

My POI literally just emailed me to say I should expect to hear from UC Irvine “very soon” within the next few Days. This was for the Public Health PhD program not the Épi one. Sorry just realised you mentioned Epidemiology, so this might not be as helpful as intended 

Did anyone get the interview or any other response from UCI?  Waiting makes me anxious T^T

First, congratulations to everyone that has posted acceptances and decisions! Everyone's efforts and accomplishments have been so impressive these last few months.

Thank you all again so much for sharing your experiences and offering your support!

As for me: I am so thankful to have been received three funded offers (Pitt, Maryland, UIC). However, if I'm being real with y'all, I'm a little surprised I'm not more excited. With each program, I am a bit concerned about the level of funding support (on the lower end across the board) and research match. I mostly applied to schools where I thought I might have a chance to get in vs. best match. I'm trying to sort out whether this is just normal stress/nerves, a side effect of comparing myself to others and their offers (hey, I'm human!), or if none of these programs are truly the *right one* for me.

I also received offers for masters programs at Harvard (1/2 tuition scholarship, 1 year program) and Yale (nearly full tuition scholarship, 2 year program). I am also considering these, as I feel I could benefit from building my foundation in public health (as my previous education and research experience is in another field). Also, the Harvard program/mentor match is one I've dreamed of for years, so I might just be struggling to let this one go :)

I am sure both excitement and clarity will come with time, but I thought I would share this with my people,  in case anyone else can relate or has any words of wisdom :)

Hello, any news from the Epi PhD of Rutgers?