Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, starfruit said:

Not SIPA, but I was just accepted to the QMSS program in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. News from SIPA must shortly ensue!

heyy, I applied for QMSS too, but haven't heard anything from them yet. May I know when did you submit your application? 

Cogratzz to your offer btw!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend currently at SIPA sent me this email. Looks like decisions are still on track to come out before Monday!

The waiting is just brutal. I did some digging and found the first posts reporting results in each year's SIPA MPA admissions thread: 2019: 3/11, 6:30 PM EST 2018: 3/9, 3:43 PM EST 2017

I feel very happy, excited and proud of myself. I started studying English myself several years ago by watching CNN, reading book, doing Couchsurfing to practice my speaking .etc.. And with that effor

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ludile_gia said:

Same here! Are you planning to do the dual degree? Wondering if this is indicative of SIPA acceptance at all.

Congrats! I'm not planning on doing the dual degree. My guess is that each admissions process is independent. Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shae more said:

heyy, I applied for QMSS too, but haven't heard anything from them yet. May I know when did you submit your application? 

Cogratzz to your offer btw!

Thanks a lot! I submitted my application on Feb. 14. Good luck!

Edited by starfruit
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thediesel said:

Princeton WWS released yesterday and today, but Harvard HKS is pushed back to next week. Still hopeful for today based on the email about current students contacting us.

same. hoping for some good news!

Link to post
Share on other sites

A  friend of mine sent an email to SIPA yesterday and this is how they replied. It seems that we have to wait a little bit longer... But I still hope it will be released today.

SIPA.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jean12 said:

A  friend of mine sent an email to SIPA yesterday and this is how they replied. It seems that we have to wait a little bit longer... But I still hope it will be released today.

SIPA.jpg

I wouldn't necessarily have this change your thinking. Schools have sent stuff like this in the past. Just a big hedge.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what SIPA responded to me just 3-4 days ago-

Thank you for your message. When a decision has been made, your application portal will reflect the decision. You should expect to hear back by mid-March.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope COVID-19 hasn't affected their decision making process as well. Lets hope for  decisions by tonight or by Monday in the worst case. I am sure they are making all out efforts and struggling with the mayhem caused by the coronavirus. Despite all the obstacles, if Columbia and Harvard can't meet their deadlines, I can't think of anyone else to do so. Lets hope for the best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ab1987 said:

I just hope COVID-19 hasn't affected their decision making process as well. Lets hope for  decisions by tonight or by Monday in the worst case. I am sure they are making all out efforts and struggling with the mayhem caused by the coronavirus. Despite all the obstacles, if Columbia and Harvard can't meet their deadlines, I can't think of anyone else to do so. Lets hope for the best. 

It's possible the wait list could be expanded. The institutions want to protect their yield, and many candidates that would otherwise accept might attempt to defer a year instead because of the pandemic. It's all speculation, and I have no idea how it could be determined whether a qualified applicant is a risk to accept or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carriposa22 said:

The combination of working from home, social distancing, and the possibility of this being delayed to the end of march is slowly driving me crazy

I am still being forced to work in the office even though I live on the outskirts of NYC. The anxiety of this week combined with the hysteria of COVID-19 is definitely making me go crazy

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PP2020 said:

I am still being forced to work in the office even though I live on the outskirts of NYC. The anxiety of this week combined with the hysteria of COVID-19 is definitely making me go crazy

So sorry to hear that :( sending hugs! we're all in this together, hopefully we'll hear good news very soon! hang in there

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Other Columbia grad programs have been sending out decisions all week, so im assuming SIPA admissions should be able to release their decisions as well. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have had the majority of decisions finalized before this week... plus, the notification system should be mostly automated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mich3909 said:

 Other Columbia grad programs have been sending out decisions all week, so im assuming SIPA admissions should be able to release their decisions as well. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have had the majority of decisions finalized before this week... plus, the notification system should be mostly automated. 

Very true! My friends have heard from other Columbia programs but I am not sure what's going on with SIPA. Let's hope it will be today.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.