Jump to content
justacigar

Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Jvs2020 said:

Hoping invites will continue to go out tomorrow since today is a holiday and it seems they started to send them on Friday ūü§ěūüŹľ

I'm hoping for this too! I had contacted EC early this fall and he had said he wasn't sure if he'd be taking students ūüėē¬†

Edited by valgal95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 4:51 PM, psychfanatic said:

Has anyone heard anything from the following PsyD programs?

Palo Alto University PGSP

Xavier University

Florida Institute of Technology

The Wright Institute

and PhD programs:

University of Cincinnati  

Florida State University

 

*Thanks in advance :)

I have a classmate who was invited to interview at The Wright Institute today in an email.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, valgal95 said:

I'm hoping for this too! I had contacted EC early this fall and he had said he wasn't sure if he'd be taking students ūüėē¬†

That‚Äôs strange because he was listed as accepting faculty ūüėď

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jvs2020 said:

Has anyone heard from Clark University ? PI : EC

 

1 hour ago, valgal95 said:

I'm hoping for this too! I had contacted EC early this fall and he had said he wasn't sure if he'd be taking students ūüėē¬†

Oh dear...I didn’t contact him to ask :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, psychfanatic said:

Has anyone heard anything from the following PsyD programs?

Palo Alto University PGSP

Xavier University

Florida Institute of Technology

The Wright Institute

and PhD programs:

University of Cincinnati  

Florida State University

 

*Thanks in advance :)

I received an interview at the University of Cincinnati, you can DM if you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, merpppy said:

For the Fordham Counseling PhD posters, was it a tailored email? I emailed the deptartment, yet haven't heard back yet. ugh. 

Mine was, yes, but not from POI but another department faculty member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

Super newbie here. Has anyone heard from U of Miami Counseling PhD or Teachers College Counseling PhD?

I emailed the Graduate Admissions Coordinator on Jan 13th from U of Miami and she told me that they were still reviewing applications and that invites would be sent out next week (which is this week) but I've seen some results posted so just wondering?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MyAmygdalaDoesn'tLikeThis said:

Does anyone have any idea when UT Austin is sending invites? I saw they sent some very early ones but I heard that wasn't the bulk of them and mid-January was the rumor. 

I emailed their coordinator on Jan 14th and she informed me at that time that most invites were sent out already :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, laguna373 said:

Has anyone heard from Pepperdine PsyD yet? Saw a couple posts earlier-on but nothing recently 

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/psychology-phd-psyd-interview-invitations-fall-2020.1394269/post-21524035

I was looking at SDN, saw this, and remembered someone had just asked about it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Clinapp2017 said:

People have posted on the results page, and I have a friend who goes there who informed me they extended their invites. 

Thanks I should have checked the results page again before asking! Resisted the urge to downvote your comment just because I did not enjoy the information hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone having had interviews either this year or in the past be willing to share any last Interview minute tips? With panel interviews, meetings with multiple faculty, and your POI, it’s difficult to predict what will go on during each (which all of you know). Any advice or insight would be so appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hopefulphd90 said:

Hi everyone,

Super newbie here. Has anyone heard from U of Miami Counseling PhD or Teachers College Counseling PhD?

I emailed the Graduate Admissions Coordinator on Jan 13th from U of Miami and she told me that they were still reviewing applications and that invites would be sent out next week (which is this week) but I've seen some results posted so just wondering?

 

Same here. Any info on U of Miami Counseling interview invites would be greatly appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

What are the chances of getting wait-listed for an interview? Would I have been notified already?

Wondering about UVermont and Syracuse since there interview dates are still ~ one month away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, detectivepikachu said:

Hello!

What are the chances of getting wait-listed for an interview? Would I have been notified already?

Wondering about UVermont and Syracuse since there interview dates are still ~ one month away

for UVM I would suggest emailing the DCT! I was told that invites were sent out and there was a high chance I would not be invited, so took that as a rejection. either way they’ll update you on your status!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Asdfghjkl123 said:

Would anyone having had interviews either this year or in the past be willing to share any last Interview minute tips? With panel interviews, meetings with multiple faculty, and your POI, it’s difficult to predict what will go on during each (which all of you know). Any advice or insight would be so appreciated. 

There's already a thread on this: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School: East Carolina University 

Type: Clinical Health Psychology PhD Interview invite for 2/14

Date: 01/21/2020

Source: Mass Email

Edited by Justice4All
added interview dates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School: Clark University 

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD Interview invite for 2/5 or 2/7

Date: 01/21/2020

Source: Phone call from POI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jvs2020 said:

School: Clark University 

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD Interview invite for 2/5 or 2/7

Date: 01/21/2020

Source: Phone call from POI

Would you be willing to share your POI? Congrats that is amazing!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, psychfanatic said:

Has anyone heard anything from the following PsyD programs?

Palo Alto University PGSP

Xavier University

Florida Institute of Technology

The Wright Institute

and PhD programs:

University of Cincinnati  

Florida State University

 

*Thanks in advance :)

Hi HI! I applied to FSU and still haven't heard anything if that makes you feel better

 

*edit:spelling

Edited by fingerscrossedhopeful
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel better seeing that other people still haven't received interview invites. I was wondering about the "results" page that people are talking about? Sorry I'm brand new here!

I applied to...

Florida State

University of South Dakota

University of Colorado-Boulder

Harvard

University of Oregon

University of Maryland- CP

Arizona State

University of Utah

 

If anyone has heard from these schools let me know :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fingerscrossedhopeful said:

I feel better seeing that other people still haven't received interview invites. I was wondering about the "results" page that people are talking about? Sorry I'm brand new here!

I applied to...

Florida State

University of South Dakota

University of Colorado-Boulder

Harvard

University of Oregon

University of Maryland- CP

Arizona State

University of Utah

 

If anyone has heard from these schools let me know :) 

Here is the results page: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php 

You can search from there. I have seen that people received invites from CU Boulder and Utah. I know UO's invites have already gone out. I would search the results page for the others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

If anyone reading this is waiting to hear from Teachers College, Columbia University Counseling PhD. This was the email I received (direct outreach since I was curious about interview invites):

‚ÄĚThank you for your interest in our program!¬†

Our faculty just received the applications a week ago, so invitations should be emailed within the next 2 weeks.‚ÄĚ
 
Hope this helps ease some of the wait anxiety. 
Edited by hopefulphd90
Add more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.