Jump to content
Dwar

2019-2020 Application Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, niceward said:

Just spoke to someone at CU Boulder. They said, "The first round of decisions will come out this week."

I think I will be faint with relief whatever the result is when it comes. Now for the stress to monumentally increase this week! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sloth_girl said:

Just got an admittance to UC San Diego (Comparative subfield) via email

Congrats! That's outstanding. Did you by any chance submit either of those posts that had lower GRE scores? Just want to confirm that it's real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Theory007 said:

Congrats! That's outstanding. Did you by any chance submit either of those posts that had lower GRE scores? Just want to confirm that it's real.

I had a 169v/164q/6.0w. 
Also claiming a Minnesota acceptance -- a lot happening today! Good luck to everyone -- I know this is a hard time of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. So i've applied to UCSD's IR concentration and have not heard back from them today. Does this mean I'm rejected??? Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone applying to GWU MPA/Trachtenberg in general? Just wanted thoughts on your experience with applying so far!

Also was wondering if anyone knew the general GPA range I should be in for MPA programs in general. Very new to this process and really could not find the info online. 

Edited by rcarvano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, rcarvano said:

Anyone applying to GWU MPA/Trachtenberg in general? Just wanted thoughts on your experience with applying so far!

Also was wondering if anyone knew the general GPA range I should be in for MPA programs in general. Very new to this process and really could not find the info online. 

Hey, you should jump over to the “government affairs” sub section under the “professional programs” area. They deal more with professional MA and MPA programs. 

this forum mostly deals with academic political science programs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dwar said:

Hey, you should jump over to the “government affairs” sub section under the “professional programs” area. They deal more with professional MA and MPA programs. 

this forum mostly deals with academic political science programs. 

I really appreciate that! Thanks for the direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Theory007 said:

Congrats! That's outstanding. Did you by any chance submit either of those posts that had lower GRE scores? Just want to confirm that it's real.

Yup, just want to confirm that it's real. I really think fitness with the department matters most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, adidas said:

Yup, just want to confirm that it's real. I really think fitness with the department matters most.

Congratulations! You must be over the moon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official rejection from UCSD (Email to check application status).

Congratulations to all who were admitted!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All, 

I am claiming the Minnesota acceptance with the horrible quant GRE score (152).  I would echo what people on this forum have said, fit with the department is very important.  

Good luck to everyone!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mr_Spock2018 said:

Hi All, 

I am claiming the Minnesota acceptance with the horrible quant GRE score (152).  I would echo what people on this forum have said, fit with the department is very important.  

Good luck to everyone!  

Congrats dude!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr_Spock2018 said:

Hi All, 

I am claiming the Minnesota acceptance with the horrible quant GRE score (152).  I would echo what people on this forum have said, fit with the department is very important.  

Good luck to everyone!  

That’s awesome, congrats! Keeping my fingers crossed that my low quant scores won’t get in the way of acceptance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.