Jump to content

Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2020)


Recommended Posts

On 12/14/2019 at 11:39 AM, mannarie said:

I received an email saying I will soon get an official invitation for the University of Chicago Molecular Biosciences Cluster on Thursday, the official email came in Friday afternoon, so I signed up for my interview weekend (very excited, one of my top picks!!!). Friday I also got interview invites from UMichigan - Ann Arbor PIBS via email and a phone call from Wisconsin - Madison Genetics!! 

 

A lot of good news at once. I still want to hear back from Harvard BBS and Washington - Seattle Genome Sciences, but I'm glad I'm not totally in the dark anymore! 

 

Congratulations!!!! Do you know if Uchicago is done sending out their invites? Really love this program! I submitted on the last day so idk if that has any effect on the time I hear back

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yale BBS wrote to me this message: Thank you for your message.  The Yale Biological and Biomedical Sciences office will be closed beginning Monday, December 23 and will reopen on Thursday, Januar

You only need one! According to the "Results" portion of gradcafe, people have reported receiving interviews beginning last week. 

Just in case anyone else also applied to JHU BCMB... I emailed the admissions office a few days ago and was told yesterday that the program was still extending interview invites for February. Hope thi

5 hours ago, cc92 said:

Congratulations!!!! Do you know if Uchicago is done sending out their invites? Really love this program! I submitted on the last day so idk if that has any effect on the time I hear back

No idea, sorry! I also submitted on the last day but sadly don't know anything about their process

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jeanetic said:

Unless people are posting results for the *specific* program you applied for, it doesn’t mean anything. Try to stay positive! I’m telling this to myself too :)

one of them just rejected me. sad :( but at least it's information 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mitochondria_1 said:

Have anyone hear back from Harvard BBS?

There's two posters on the results survey about receiving interviews from Harvard BBS. My guess is the interview emails are out. I'm not sure if they all get sent out at the same time in a mass email or if more people are getting invites as the day goes on. I'm hoping for the latter. I doubt there's only two people who got interviews from Gradcafe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that interviews went out for NYU Sackler - Biomedical Sciences, Johns Hopkins CMM, and Institute of Cancer Research PhDs. Anyone here got interviews for these programs? I haven't heard anything from them :(

Hoping they're sending out interviews in batches...

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Nevershoulddacomehere said:

There's two posters on the results survey about receiving interviews from Harvard BBS. My guess is the interview emails are out. I'm not sure if they all get sent out at the same time in a mass email or if more people are getting invites as the day goes on. I'm hoping for the latter. I doubt there's only two people who got interviews from Gradcafe.

Hopefully is in batches, finger cross.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 12:26 AM, Roy_12 said:

Hi I applied to upenn bgs immunology havent heard any news does anyone have info about interview and rejection mails. Should I be concerned.

thanks

I know some people already heard back from the program, but I am not sure if their invites are in batches or not. 

Edited by mitochondria_1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this on the results for Pitt (Neuroscience). Anybody else hear anything about this?

"Emailed adcom a few days ago to ask status of application, said that they already reached out to everyone they wish to interview and application will be updated in a few weeks."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All! 

I applied to: 

UW MCB 

Stanford - Biosciences

UC San Diego - Biology

University of Utah - Biosciences

University of New Mexico - Biomedical 

Albert Einstein College of Medicine 

University of Arizona ABBS

 

Received an invite to interview on Tuesday from U of Arizona ABBS.  Have yet to receive any rejection emails. If I don't hear by the end of today from any schools does that mean I'm not going to receive an interview?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know anything about Stanford Biosciences interviews? I got this email about the timeline from them:

" During the week of January 6, 2020, the committees will start to contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.  The selected applicants will be invited to interview, at our expense, arriving on Wednesday, March 4 and departing on Sunday, March 8, 2020. This is our only interview session. Highly qualified applicants residing in other countries and for whom a visit would not be possible may be selected for a telephone interview. All applicants will be notified of the decision on their application by the end of January."

But I'm now seeing people getting invites on the results section. I applying to the Neuroscience home program but this seems like it applies to all biosciences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nevershoulddacomehere said:

Anybody know anything about Stanford Biosciences interviews? I got this email about the timeline from them:

" During the week of January 6, 2020, the committees will start to contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.  The selected applicants will be invited to interview, at our expense, arriving on Wednesday, March 4 and departing on Sunday, March 8, 2020. This is our only interview session. Highly qualified applicants residing in other countries and for whom a visit would not be possible may be selected for a telephone interview. All applicants will be notified of the decision on their application by the end of January."

But I'm now seeing people getting invites on the results section. I applying to the Neuroscience home program but this seems like it applies to all biosciences.

I just got an email from the Immunology home program inviting me for an interview, and they included this:

"The 14 Ph.D. Admissions Committees all operate on their own timelines, so your friends and coworkers may or may not have heard from us or another Biosciences Program yet.  Please understand that "no news does not mean bad news,” as our Admissions process will not conclude until mid-January.  So, please keep this in mind when sharing your good news with others."

All the best!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda late to the party but I applied to:

UTMB Galveston (Interview)

UT Southwestern

Vanderbilt

UPenn (Interview)

Weill Cornell (Interview)

UNC

UCLA

Duke

Michigan (Interview)

UCSF (Rejected)

Rejected by UCSF for the 4th year in a row (3 REUs before this) so rip the dream haha. I was honestly somewhat nervous initially since I'm coming from a lower tier undergrad and wasn't sure how they would weigh that into their decisions. Best of luck to everyone!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.