Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Eheydon said:

Got an email from Indiana Univ. HPS saying that their admissions process is moving slowly, that I am one of their top applicants, and that they are trying to work out funding details. They asked if I am still interested in the program. I plan on telling them that, while I appreciate their generosity, I have already received four offers elsewhere...and so I would rather withdraw the app and give someone else a shot at a funded offer there. 

Are you the one who just posted the IU acceptance for philosophy? Also, did they give you a timeline for when their decisions might come out?

 

Edited by 711fanatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In at Brown!

In at Stanford. Received an informal email from Jared Warren. I am appalled. It is appalling. It makes my week, and perhaps my life... Feel a little bit unreal now. 

Just got accepted to Miami off the waitlist. Finally, some good news.

30 minutes ago, 711fanatic said:

Are you the one who just posted the IU acceptance for philosophy? Also, did they give you a timeline for when their decisions might come out?

 

No, I wasn’t. It was a rather bizarre email, and I didn’t get an official offer. Not sure about a timeline but they seemed to indicate that they’d have the final funding decisions in the next couple of weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eheydon said:

No, I wasn’t. It was a rather bizarre email, and I didn’t get an official offer. Not sure about a timeline but they seemed to indicate that they’d have the final funding decisions in the next couple of weeks. 

I received a similar e-mail a couple of weeks ago--bizarre is a pretty accurate descriptor 😅 Thanks for the info

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 9:50 AM, platonetsocrate said:

 

For what it's worth, I have no idea whether any or all other acceptances are out. In my acceptance I was informed that I was nominated for an additional fellowship, which I mention just because I hear that sometimes those notifications come out earlier than others. 

Congratulations! Still waiting to hear back from Stony Brook myself. Seems like they sent out a round of rejections earlier and I was not one of them, and I had assumed they just wouldn't send out rejections until last minute and I had already been passed over. Perhaps not! Would be nice!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, you'll_never_get_to_heaven said:

Congratulations! Still waiting to hear back from Stony Brook myself. Seems like they sent out a round of rejections earlier and I was not one of them, and I had assumed they just wouldn't send out rejections until last minute and I had already been passed over. Perhaps not! Would be nice!

Thanks for the congrats. And just an FYI - I have declined that offer, so maybe if there is a waitlist (don't know if they've sent out notifications about that or if they have one formally at all or what) there will be some movement there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 8:47 PM, Losebeforeapply said:

In at Stanford. Received an informal email from Jared Warren. I am appalled. It is appalling. It makes my week, and perhaps my life... Feel a little bit unreal now. 

Same. Different. Same. Same. Same. Different... SAME.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 4:50 PM, akraticfanatic said:

If anyone's waiting on UMass, they should be sending out offers sometime between tomorrow and the following Friday :) 

Update: Two acceptances were reported in the Facebook group. I don't know if all initial offers have gone out. I do know that last year they had both an official waitlist and a "hidden" waitlist.  

Edited by akraticfanatic
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepted into University of South Florida's PhD program for Fall 2020, with a Graduate Assistantship (GA). I'm pretty happy since my AOS is philosophy of science and AOC is philosophy of climate science, and USF is home to Eric Winsberg and William Goodwin, who are major people in that field! Still waiting to hear back from Pitt, UPenn, Toronto IHPST, McGill, and Alberta (last minute decision, meh program).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stony Brook offered me a position in the Philosophy and the Arts M.A. program, but not the PhD program. I'll probably accept the offer to visit campus (might as well if they defray costs sufficiently, since I'd be applying there from any of the funded terminal M.A.s I applied to), but without secure funding I'm a bit skeptical. Most of the advice I've seen strongly advises against an unfunded M.A., even if it could be completed in three semesters and I'm worried that I wouldn't receive the same attention as PhD students.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HawkmothsAreComing said:

Accepted into University of South Florida's PhD program for Fall 2020, with a Graduate Assistantship (GA). I'm pretty happy since my AOS is philosophy of science and AOC is philosophy of climate science, and USF is home to Eric Winsberg and William Goodwin, who are major people in that field! Still waiting to hear back from Pitt, UPenn, Toronto IHPST, McGill, and Alberta (last minute decision, meh program).

I declined an offer from IHPST last week. Not sure if that helps you but I thought I'd let ya know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheCarbWhisperer said:

I declined an offer from IHPST last week. Not sure if that helps you but I thought I'd let ya know.

Thanks, yeah I see people have been hearing back. The website says it's still under review, so..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schrödinger's_Doge said:

Turns out that starting the Acceptance thread when you don't know whether you'll get any acceptances isn't such a good idea! I'm 0/12 right now with only a few waitlists. It's not over until it's over, but it doesn't look good for me!

Hang in there! The waiting SUCKS, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see quite a bit of waitlist movement in the next month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 10:22 PM, Monk_Fudge said:

Congrats! I'm at Fordham and I'm more than happy to answer any questions you might have! 

Also at Fordham and am happy to answer any questions you might have! I'm helping to run the admitted students day events, as well, so our paths may cross if you're visiting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, soproperlybasic said:

Also at Fordham and am happy to answer any questions you might have! I'm helping to run the admitted students day events, as well, so our paths may cross if you're visiting.

Thanks so much!! I'm catching a 5:30am flight tomorrow to join y'all for the day. Here's hoping our paths cross!~

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 5:47 PM, UndergradDad said:

Still no word from Purdue. I only saw one acceptance a while ago-nothing else in results.

 

Anyone have any more information?

Same here, waiting to hair from Computer Graphics Technology Program for Fall 2020. It has been a while since I applied, should I be worried?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.