Jump to content

2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results


Recommended Posts

Just now, imnothere said:

idk about other people, but I'll just keep being a lab manager for another year and hope I can push out more pubs I guess. I was unlucky this year bc both of my conference presentations were full-on canceled. And i've only been doing full time research for two years, so I only have 1 pub. 

I am also a lab manager and I see people in labs here who remain to be lab managers for so long...  I do not want to be stuck like that. However, it seems like I will have to continue doing this as well... and I also have 1 pub and have not been doing research for too long. Anyway, cheers to lab managers in this thread!😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be controversial: I don't think that it's worth investing your heart and soul into the Ivies or the UC's. For domestic & international students alike, it's a game of 3D chess to determine

I’m not so sure about this. I was under the impression that most admissions committees (for PhD at least, med school is a completely different story) really only care about research experiences and ac

Declined my offers and accepted my top school! Very excited, officially going to start my PhD journey this fall. Good luck to you all! Sending so many good vibes.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Just_Alice said:

Me either... by the way, what do people do when they do not get in anywhere? I am still trying to figure out my plans for that occasion

I applied two years ago, got 2 interviews and was rejected afterwards. I just kept working in my lab, and here I am with many more publications, posters and research experience! It all works out in the end!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, imnothere said:

idk about other people, but I'll just keep being a lab manager for another year and hope I can push out more pubs I guess. I was unlucky this year bc both of my conference presentations were full-on canceled. And i've only been doing full time research for two years, so I only have 1 pub. 

I know a few people with zero pubs or more than a year of neuro experience that got into Columbia and other few best schools. Go figure 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, imnothere said:

idk about other people, but I'll just keep being a lab manager for another year and hope I can push out more pubs I guess. I was unlucky this year bc both of my conference presentations were full-on canceled. And i've only been doing full time research for two years, so I only have 1 pub. 

I am sorry about your conferences... I am also a lab manager and I see people in labs here who remain to be lab managers for so long...  I do not want to be stuck like that. However, it seems like I will have to continue doing this as well... and I also have 1 pub and have not been doing research for too long. Anyway, cheers to lab managers in this thread!😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, imnothere said:

idk about other people, but I'll just keep being a lab manager for another year and hope I can push out more pubs I guess. I was unlucky this year bc both of my conference presentations were full-on canceled. And i've only been doing full time research for two years, so I only have 1 pub. 

I am also a lab manager and I see people here who have been lab managers for quite a while... I do not want to be stuck like that. However, I am going to have to be, as it seems. Cheers to the lab managers in this thread!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rainestorm said:

I applied two years ago, got 2 interviews and was rejected afterwards. I just kept working in my lab, and here I am with many more publications, posters and research experience! It all works out in the end!

Do you have an idea on why you were rejected after interviews?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, actionpotential said:

Do you have an idea on why you were rejected after interviews?

I'm curious about this, too. As it stands, I have 2 interviews out of 6. My background is predominantly Biology, but I am making the transition into Neuro (have been managing & tech'ing in a systems lab for almost a year). I'm going to have to put my everything into the interviews...

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dopamine_machine said:

I saw that 1 person posted it, but it seemed atypical so I'm unsure if it was real/a mistake/etc.  I'm assuming they haven't started coming out yet

Ah okay. I tech here and they just sent out an email to the department saying that they’ve made their selection. 55 interviews out of 566. I just wasn’t sure if it was sent out yet or not 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NeuroKween said:

Ah okay. I tech here and they just sent out an email to the department saying that they’ve made their selection. 55 interviews out of 566. I just wasn’t sure if it was sent out yet or not 

Oh nice, good to know the figures! I bet it will come out tonight or the day after Christmas.  I haven't heard about anyone actually getting an interview invite yet from NYU and if there are 55 interview invites, we would definitely see it on the Results page (Penn NGG had ~25 interview invites and they were markedly present on the results page when they came out).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I have a question about the Weill Cornell's electronic response survey on qualtrics. Is there a way to know whether our responses were recorded? When I reopen the survey after submitting mine, I saw a blank survey (whereas when I used surveymonkey, I would see that I already taken the survey). I was wondering if this means that my responses were not recorded? Thank you very much!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CASCAS said:

Hi all, I have a question about the Weill Cornell's electronic response survey on qualtrics. Is there a way to know whether our responses were recorded? When I reopen the survey after submitting mine, I saw a blank survey (whereas when I used surveymonkey, I would see that I already taken the survey). I was wondering if this means that my responses were not recorded? Thank you very much!

I was wondering the same thing. But after submitting the survey, it said that the response was recorded so I would not worry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.